Skating in Swindon area

General chat from around the world

Moderator: Traffic warden

nicknacks
Gumbie
Gumbie
Location: Cirencester - now where the hell are you supposed to skate around here?

Skating in Swindon area

Postby nicknacks » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:29 am

Just got a new job which unfortunately is nowhere near the Serpentine Road ( Swindon ) :( so I'll soon be moving over that part of the country and wondered if there was anything at all that resembled a skatable surface / skate scene over in Swindon or surrounding area ?

Posted another thread to find the ice rink in south London as I know there's an ice rink in Swindon so at least I can buy some ice skates and have some kind of reliable skating available to me =/ :)

Anyone who lives that way or has some info if you can let me know it would be appreciated, thanks !

Phil
Old school
Old school

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:25 pm

Depends on how far you would like to travel, Swindon isn't that far from Bristol (roughly 30 minutes drive according to multimap) There are several indoor skating sessions in Bristol throughout the week. For outdoor skating then Weston is the best place on the English side of the bridge, if you are prepared to travel into Wales then there are a few more indoor sessions and Cardiff is quite good for skating outdoors, Swansea is also particularly good.

Also don't forget that the Bristol to Bath cycle path is nearby giving you 28 miles (although I've only ever done 18 miles - Warmley to Bath) of fairly decent cycle path to skate along.

nicknacks
Gumbie
Gumbie
Location: Cirencester - now where the hell are you supposed to skate around here?

Postby nicknacks » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:29 am

Yeah I'm sure I'll be popping over Cardiff way & doing the B2B with Wotthedevil seeing as we'll be so close. Infact, don't tell him but we're only moving over that was so he can do the grandparent thing and look after the baby when she comes along so Steph & myself can do the skating / getting pissed things. :lol:

Naomi
Admin
Admin

Postby Naomi » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:37 am

Ill be down Swindon way in a couple of weeks, and Ill hook up with the link centre, so pop along? (its where I grew up)

nicknacks
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby nicknacks » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:39 am

Naomi wrote:Ill be down Swindon way in a couple of weeks, and Ill hook up with the link centre, so pop along? (its where I grew up)

Still got 3 weeks here, so I'll be making the most of London's facilities while I can, but thanks for the offer. If you do come over any other time feel free to drop a PM / message and we can meet up then.

Phil
Old school
Old school

Postby Phil » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:02 pm

nicknacks wrote:Yeah I'm sure I'll be popping over Cardiff way & doing the B2B with Wotthedevil seeing as we'll be so close. Infact, don't tell him but we're only moving over that was so he can do the grandparent thing and look after the baby when she comes along so Steph & myself can do the skating / getting pissed things. :lol:

Oh, didn't realise it was you Nick :) I guess I'll be seeing you in Cardiff quite a bit from now on then.

Davey_Speedstar
New school
New school

Postby Davey_Speedstar » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:29 pm

nicknacks wrote:so he can do the grandparent thing and look after the baby when she comes along so Steph & myself can do the skating / getting pissed things. :lol:

You brought Steph round to your's and wotthedevil's ideals of child-raising? ie buying junior skates ASAP and taking he/she down the pub :lol:

nicknacks
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby nicknacks » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:01 pm

Aye, 'tis me. And no, no matter what I do I doubt I'll be getting Steph round to our way of thinking. Trying to get her to let me buy a mini helmet & cart the nipper round in the funky 3-wheel pram Alan has promised us. Of course it won't be happening until it's old enough to fully experience the thrill of the skate, so there's a year or 2 to go yet.

Return to “General skating”