Brussels to Amsterdam

General chat from around the world

Moderator: Traffic warden

SteRit
Gumbie
Gumbie

Brussels to Amsterdam

Postby SteRit » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 pm

After the fantastic Paris to London skate, I am keen to do another long distance effort before the end of November.

Brussels to Amsterdam seems like a good one. Flights to Charleroi are cheap from Manchester and the distance is around 270km via Rotterdam and I envisage this taking about 3 days. Nothing is certain yet, but I am thinking the last weekend in October.

Am I right in thinking that the cycle paths will be on smooth tarmac and there is a path that goes direct to North Holland? If anyone has done this before or has any route advice, I would appreciate it. I will contact RouliRolla in Belgium too.

Pretty open too if others would like to join in as well.

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Brussels to Amsterdam

Postby Look no Skywater » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 am

I can't say what Belgium will be like but the bike paths in The Netherlands are usually very skatable . Having done 6 skate tours there, you are likely to encounter some cobbled paths in towns but between towns are usually good to excellent skating surfaces. There will be sections that are tiled but they are good just watch your edges.

MuhaymanJamil
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby MuhaymanJamil » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Steve
Very tempted to join u ... but 270k in 3 days - Are u sure ???

SteRit
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby SteRit » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:34 pm

I think I will have to save this for next year. Got the Cycle Show in Birmingham to do and running out of weekends before the clocks change!

I was in Finland last week and Oulu is probably the most skatable city I have ever seen! Perfect tarmac and 500km of it too.

Return to “General skating”