Hey hey, I am actually the founder of Doop, so I'm sure my opinion won't matter to some, but here goes.
I created Doop after having skated Xsjados for a long time. I converted my Xsjados to a Powerblading setup, and absolutely loved them. The seed was born for Doop, and the rest is history.
I have skated litterally dozens and dozens of skate models of all kinds. I have been skating since I was 8 years old, quads, fitness, aggressive, powerblading, freeskate and now I'm getting into speed skating also. I have also been working for Powerslide for 9 years, which has given me the opportunity to try a bit of everything.
- I skate absolutely everywhere. I skate to the shops, to the gym, just for fun, and for excercise. I don't wear protection. With my doops, no bag needed.
- I often go for a skate and end up meeting people, or deciding to do something. No bag, no shoes extra, and always ready to do whatever with my slip on slip off skates. (plus they look pretty damn cool in my opinion)
- Sharing - as they are only 2 sizes, they are sharable with your girlfriend, or just anyone for that matter.
- Versatility - the only skate that can be converted from a fitness skate to an aggressive skate with the change of a soulplate, with the possible exception of a Phuzion (but with more frame compatibility - doop is compatible with 165mm and 195mm), and every part is 100% replacable - no rivits.
- Perfect for larger sizes. Sure they are heavy if you are a size 7, I suppose, but once you get to an 8 or above, they aren't heavy compared to a plastic skate, and in a 47 for example, they look small.
- Width/length. I am a half size, 8.5 UK. Almost all skates share 2 sizes (41-42, 43-44) so skates are always too big or too small for me, and more often than not too narrow or too wide. I have never had a more comfortable skate than a doop in every aspect. I use my own comfortable shoes and can skate all day, as many km as I am able to, without a single discomfort, and the straps adjust to almost all types of shoe.
- Very high quality parts. They are based on a long tried aggressive skate model, so are resistant and strong, come with awesome quality wheels (I tested many wheels before deciding on the final model) and great bearings, not to mention the frames - these skates are no gimmick, they are designed with the worlds best skaters in mind, while still being ideal for begginners (Classic model).
- Perfect commuter skate (especially the swift which is very fast and smooth thanks to HQ 100mm wheels also option for 110).
- I don't know who said they are floppy and unsupportive, but if you have ever seen people skate Xsjados and gapping off huge obstacles/grinding etc... how floppy can they be? They offer superb support and a system that mirrors a snowboard boot - it works to perfection, I wouldn't have embarked on this project and I wouldn't be using them daily as my skate of choice if they didn't!.
Also to those saying "how does doop expect to succeed?" Doop is selling very well, I run the online store at http://www.thedoopstore.com
and the thing I am most proud of, even more than the product, is the feedback from my customers. Should you have any questions for me, I would be more than happy to respond to them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry for the wall of text!