Look no Skywater - a brief history

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Look no Skywater - a brief history

Postby Look no Skywater » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Can't find my old introduction to contranst and compare

Real name. Rick
Age - old enough to know better but young enough to still give it a go
Professional "Social Skater"
I have skated occasional from 1995 and as a lifestyle since 2001.
I've had a crack at most things but I'm not amazing at anything as I never got gripped when I was young enough and get injuries for forcing my body to do new things. Been a LondonSkate marshal since Aug 2001. Been a rubbish hockey player on and off since 2001.

My main interests on skating are street and speed/endurance. I have been speedskater of sorts since 2002 (best placing top 7% in a German street marathon in 2007) Former Chairman and National Race Director of the Federation of Inline Speed Skating. Retired due to health problems from stress of the politics. I am just not interested in petty people. Life is too short to take it seriously. Still a speed judge/referee as it keeps me involved and I can meet friends but without the politics. I still go to races as a competitior but more socially now. These days I am more interested in what I can still do rather than doing better than I have done in the past as the hard training aspect does not appeal to me any more. I have made so many acquaintances round the world through skating that I usually bump into people I know wherever I go which is nice.

I am a qualified sports coach in skating. Not ICP like most people in London but BRSF but I rarely teach. I did it as a stepping stone to become a qualified speed coach but the coursework was never fully developed and I lost heart waiting for it. Still not there and it's been over 2 years since I qualified.

I have done a duo at Le Mans with my friend and clubmate Alex where we placed 6th after skating 556km in 24 hours. Happy with that one.

Enough about me, it was supposed to be brief.

Best memories are from events and things I have done with other skaters. I have to say they are the best bunch of friends I have ever met and they never cease to surprise me the lengths they will go to to have a good time and get others to enjoy them too. Long may the good times roll.

Steve
Admin
Admin

Re: Look no Skywater - a brief history

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Look no Skywater wrote:I have done a duo at Le Mans with my friend and clubmate Alex where we placed 6th after skating 556km in 24 hours. Happy with that one.

Wow that's seriosuly impressive. Never heard about that one. Difficult enough have only 2 on your team but to be placed 6th is fantastic.

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Look no Skywater - a brief history

Postby GuinnessGirl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Look no Skywater wrote:
Best memories are from events and things I have done with other skaters. I have to say they are the best bunch of friends I have ever met and they never cease to surprise me the lengths they will go to to have a good time and get others to enjoy them too. Long may the good times roll.

:lol: wot Rick said

Return to “Welcome”