Belfast Brian

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Belfast Brian
Wannabe
Wannabe

Belfast Brian

Postby Belfast Brian » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:10 am

Why do I skate? 25 years ago I saw a courier skating/dancing through the traffic on 42nd Street in New York complete with whistle and walkman and i thought to myself.. 'thats the funkiest thing ive ever seen in my life! and vowed to do it one day

When did i start? From 2001-2004 i had 4 cars and everytime i bought a new one i transferred a pair of cheap plastic skates from carboot to carboot. In behavioral psychology this is called 'successive approximation'. In 2004 after returning from a long trip to Thailand I lost a lot of weight and my lung collapsed! I nursed myself back to health on a diet of porridge and bannanas. I stopped smoking everything and put the plastic skates on. Skating became my drug of choice and i became addicted. (but i started smoking again).

Skates? Rollerblade pro 7s, Rollerblade X 90mms and my fave K2 Fatty Paris

Best skating moment? Skating practically bollock naked along the seafront paseo in Puerto Del Carmen Lanzerote last week with the sun shining herb in my head and Steely Dan on my ipod.

Worst Skating moment? Completely fuckin my wrist and dislocating my elbow in April 2009 because i was skating backwards and had no rear view mirror!

Most surprising Skating Moment? Turning up at my first LFNS and realising you werent all a bunch of 'good living' health and fitness freaks.

Skatestyle? Streetskating mostly but also sunshine skating (i take my skates evrywhere with me) Barcelona, Sinai desert, Goa and the Boglands in the west of Ireland.

GumbieBEN
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Belfast Brian

Postby GumbieBEN » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:13 am

Belfast Brian wrote:Most surprising Skating Moment? Turning up at my first LFNS and realising you werent all a bunch of 'good living' health and fitness freaks.

Ain't that true!

Sparky
New school
New school

Postby Sparky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 pm

LOls I remember that.

Belfast Brian
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Belfast Brian » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Sparky wrote:LOls I remember that.

yes now that i remember i think you were the one who punctured that delusion LOL

lolainlondon
New school
New school

Postby lolainlondon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Belfast Brian wrote:
Sparky wrote:LOls I remember that.

yes now that i remember i think you were the one who punctured that delusion LOL

I could die of not surprise.

Return to “Welcome”