14 year old slalomer / new skates?

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Lol
Gumbie
Gumbie

14 year old slalomer / new skates?

Postby Lol » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Izzy (yes im'a boy god dammit) and a 14 year old freestyle slalom skater.
Born in the UK, Iv'e been skating four months now, and started with seba fr1's with no brake which almost got me killed several times.
I'm hoping to get some new skates in a few months, I know i'ts been pretty quick, but i'm ready to give up on the fr1's pretty soon and maybe hand them over to a friend in order to get a new pair for more technical stuff. So what's the best?

-Seba high deluxe,
-Seba iGor,
-Seba KSJ (rare),
-Seba carbon,
-Powerslide hardcore evo?

Iv'e heard the seba highs over and over again are the best and most common, but with all those other expensive slalom skates in the market, I am really stuck for choice. Thanks for reading and sorry for making such a long post, I guess i'm trying to make a good first impression. ciao.
Last edited by Lol on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil
Old school
Old school

Re: 14 year old slalomer / new skates?

Postby Phil » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 pm

It's good to hear that you're so into slalom, keep up the practising I'm sure it won't be long before you can execute more of the tricks.

I hear that the Seba Carbon are no longer being made, so taking that into account and the fact that KSJ are rare to find you can probably narrow your choice to the Igor or the Seba high. I've not skated in the Igor yet, but I've always found the High to be incredibly tight, I liked the Carbon because they feel just about right for me. Whilst your in the shops though you may as well try some of the other makes on but I have no experience of their recent models due to being a recently retired Seba sponsored skater ;)

Lol
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Lol » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Cool, thanks for the advice (y).

T@rty
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby T@rty » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:50 pm

I've got the iGor skates and love them, I'm quite a wide foot and a size 10.5 normally (Salomon), though my iGor are size 9! Two of my skating friends use Powerslide Evo's (last years model) and are very happy with them. Best bet as Phil said is to visit a skate shop. If like me you live outside of London (Club Blue room) or Cardiff (Proline skates), your best bet is to wait until you can visit one of these two places and try the skates on. With my iGor, I was able to visit the UK importer (J&R Sports) in Merseyside, who very kindly allowed me to try on a few different sizes.

Lol
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Lol » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Sweet, If I can get the iGors and have it in a smaller size thats pretty god damn awesome. 8) 8)

Sadly I only live 20mins from club blue room XD, Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Welcome”