Freestyle in the north west?

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

damo66
Lurker

Freestyle in the north west?

Postby damo66 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Hello everyone - I'm interested in learning the various slalom tricks and from what I hear the best way to learn is to first watch someone in real life do it.

Does anyone know of any meets or groups that get together in the north west? I'm just north of manchester.

My skating is nothing fantastic but getting better with each practice - so a group that tolerates newbies (and 33 yr old newbies at that) would be great.

Thanks for reading.

Damo

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Re: Freestyle in the north west?

Postby Acidedge » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:09 am

Hi Damo! Welcome to SR.com.

You're welcome to come and learn with us in Nottingham, but we're not exactly round the corner from you: http://www.nottinghamskaters.co.uk/

There's also Leo and Flowskate, based in Macclesfield. See promo vid here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=36178

dodgy
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby dodgy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 am

Hi Damo

There's a few of us in Southport that meet up most weekends to kick a few cones. You're more than welcome to join us.

We've got a little local skate forum:

http://www.paul-graham.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Post on there if you want to meet up, or just pop in to Victoria Park (see forum for exact location) 2pm ish any dry weekend & we'll see you there (y)

Phil
Old school
Old school

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:46 pm

damo66 wrote:I'm interested in learning the various slalom tricks and from what I hear the best way to learn is to first watch someone in real life do it.

Well I would definitely agree with that, I learnt a huge majority of my slalom tricks through watching vids online, however one of the first tricks which I tried to pick up, the crazy, I could not figure it out from videos. When somebody turned up to one of my local skate spots who had been taught how to do it demonstrated it I got it straight away. However that honestly was the only trick that I felt I really couldn't learn from video so don't loose hope if you can't find anyone nearby to help.

Naomi occasionally does slalom teaching weekends in London, it would probably be worth coming to one of those as I suspect you'll pick up a lot very quickly.

Return to “Welcome”