Flash Mob Cardiff Bay

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

t licious
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Flash Mob Cardiff Bay

Postby t licious » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:54 pm

We, the roller skaters of Wales want a dedicated indoor skate arena. It needs to be brought to the councils attention that there are several different disciplines and types of skaters in the South Wales area Figure skating, Derby, Merby, Hockey, jam and agressive crying out for halls. Some of the past british squad artistic skaters came from south wales. We think it is high time our capital had somewhere we can train and hold events. Wales prides itself with an international sports village. So wheres the roller sports facility..

As such we are asking all available skaters, family/friends of skaters, anyone infact. To come along to Cardiff Bay and join in out Flash Mob come protest outside of the Millenium Centre whilst Gok Wan films his new programme friday 4th February 2011 from 3pm. Endemol, the production company, have been informed this will happen and are quite happy for us to be present.

Phil
Old school
Old school

Re: Flash Mob Cardiff Bay

Postby Phil » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Had there been more time to prepare I could probably have arranged to get a good sized group along, but as it happens I won't even be in the UK this weekend. I'll mention it to others though.

t licious
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby t licious » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

Cheers. Its a bit last minute i know, but we had only just found out gok was in cardiff, but there will be plenty more going on in the near future. I will keep you posted.

Eviltwin
New school
New school

Postby Eviltwin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:37 am

Sorry but like most I can not make a week day at short notice.
I say that if you what support there are lots off us out there that are willing to help. So unless the funding is about to go I would sort some thing out for the summer. Get people teaching skating and members of the BRSF to come down. The BHF have said they would be interested in any well organized event to help there raise cash.

t licious
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby t licious » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Thanks. Funding would be nice, but its more the lack of facilities available to us thats the problem, we have heard every excuse in the book. the best ones being that our skates can damage there floors or we can skate but only after 9pm which is no good to figure skating which is for all ages, my youngest kids being 3 yrs old and oldest well into there 60's. But if anyone is out there willing to help i would be greatful even if its just advice and ideas. The BRSF have been very supportive. Sorry to ask this but what is BHF???

Eviltwin
New school
New school

Postby Eviltwin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:38 pm

British Hart Foundation. If you are doing a spored event for them they will help you set up the event depending on its size.
BRSF said they have a study about the use of skates on floors. But I do know that the Queen Elizabeth center in Victoria (Cent London) have allowed skating so should may be able to help?

Return to “Welcome”