Hello from the USA!

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

texask8r
Lurker

Hello from the USA!

Postby texask8r » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 am

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here for a while and it is time to introduce myself. My name is DJ and skating is pretty lonely here in Texas. I have been skating quads for more years than I am willing to say. I started at the wee age of 4 and by the time I was 10, I was speed skating competitively. I switched over to roller derby, banked track, then flat track and did that for years. About a year ago, I decided to try inlines and now I'm hooked. I might as well tell you now that I am a gearhog. I have or have had nearly every Riedell quad boots there are on countless setups. Lately, I've been collecting inlines. I have found that I love the "urban" style best. Currently I have Twisters, Metros and I got some FR1's from Stacy. I've got some wheels on the way from Phil. All thanks to the great information I got from here! I wish we had something like CBR here, but alas....all my stuff is bought online. With the help you all have provided, I nailed the right size every time. Numb toes and all from my Sebas for the first few weeks. I skate at rinks, there are 7 within an hour of my home. But mostly I hit the trails at various parks in my city. Also, lucky for me, I have a very large, smooth concrete slab on my property (I live on a couple of acres just outside the city limits) and I am starting to practice with the cones. The transition from quads to inlines was not really an easy one for me but I'm getting there! I have really enjoyed reading the forums!

steph
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Hello from the USA!

Postby steph » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:39 am

Hi texask8r and welcome to the forum!

Folk here are always willing to offer tips and advice so if you ever have any technical questions do feel free to ask!

Wild Phil
New school
New school

Postby Wild Phil » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 am

Hello! Welcome to the forum :)

ziggy
Admin
Admin

Postby ziggy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Welcome. Love Texas myself, spent a lot of time driving through it last year. Didn't see many skaters, though :)

Return to “Welcome”