Hello everyone

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Sergio
Lurker

Hello everyone

Postby Sergio » Fri May 06, 2011 10:18 pm

My name is Sergio, I live in north west London and used to skate quite a lot back in the day (I think its been just over 10 years since I stopped), mostly jumping down flights of stairs and making a mess of curbs and steps. Not really into that kind of skating anymore you know being a 'grown up' now and all that so I decided to get a pair of those nice powerslide skates and get my balance back. Gave my new skates a test run along the lovely serpentine tonight and they are really nice so far, bit stiff but i think that's normal for brand new skates right? Couldn't stay long as it was late and got dark pretty quick. Might be back again tomorrow unless it rains. Hoping for a nice long hot summer this year as I can really see myself getting back into skating. That slalom stuff looks like wicked fun too!

anyway, I'm going to be lurking around here a bit so I thought it polite to at least introduce myself :)

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Hello everyone

Postby GuinnessGirl » Fri May 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi Sergio, glad you've got back into skating.

So do you think you'd be up for some streetskates soon? That's always a good way to meet a lot of folk on here - also there is (as you spotted) the whole slalom crew who are often down the park.

Hope to see you out soon!

GG

Sergio
Lurker

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Sergio » Sat May 07, 2011 12:35 pm

yes I think I'd be up for a street skate soonish, I just need to get used to these new skates. The wheels I used to use were tiny compared to these and overall the skates just seem much faster, having a bit of trouble stopping to be honest, on the smaller wheels I used to just point my toes inwards like a skier I guess and it used to work great. not working so good with these bigger wheels though. But I'm sure I can get the hang of it eventually.

Return to “Welcome”