Hello! Newbie Q's...

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

bobcat25
Lurker

Hello! Newbie Q's...

Postby bobcat25 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 am

Hi all! First post :S

I'm fairly new to skating and I have a few questions, sorry if they sound stupid. I hope someone can help me out. I've scoured the board, but have ended up more confused :S (information overload!)

Ok, so I currently skate in oldskool Bauers (playmaker plates and hyper rollo wheels), mainly recreational park skating, with the hope of one day feeling brave enough for proper street skating (with hills and curbs and manhole covers - all that dangerous stuff!)

However, I would also like to learn some roller dance/jam skating. Ordinarily I would stick with my Bauers, as I've seen people dance perfectly well in them, but these boots are killing me - I don't think I have Bauer shaped feet :S So I've been considering getting some new skates... I'm torn between an ice boot conversion (hard shell boot, no liner) or artistic boots. So just a few Q's...

Would art boots / iceboot conversions be up to outdoor street skates and would they be comfy? Any recs?
Which plates would be good all rounders for dance and street skating?

Any advice on a boot/plate combo that I could both learn to dance in and street skate in, woold be much appreciated!

ps. I've owned Supremes and found them too loose and big - perhaps I had a size too large, but not keen on them.

Many thanks!

pure.egyptian
Gumbie
Gumbie

Re: Hello! Newbie Q's...

Postby pure.egyptian » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:51 pm

I'm not a quad person but I've heard ventro pros are a good all round option for beginners

Becca
New school
New school

Re: Hello! Newbie Q's...

Postby Becca » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:05 am

bobcat25 wrote:Which plates would be good all rounders for dance and street skating?

Any advice on a boot/plate combo that I could both learn to dance in and street skate in, woold be much appreciated!

Artistic skates are fine for street skating in - just get some good outdoor (soft) wheels.
I would recommend Riedell artistic skates and Suregrip plates (because that's what I use!).

Return to “Welcome”