van Sinn

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

van Sinn
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

van Sinn

Postby van Sinn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, but as is often the case, has been a dirty lurker for some time ;)

I'm from Copenhagen, into freeskating. Started as a little nipper on most crappy side by sides, having nasty tumbles downhilling a 30deg hill, of course with no protection gear, still have scarred knees.
Grew up - or so I thought - and forgot all about skating until almost ten years ago, where I skated some fun inliners having a softboot separated from the shell, sortof like the Xsjado's. They eventually got too loose, so I kicked them out, and forgot to shop new ones next year.
Fast forward five years, and I started again this spring, first very briefly on not so good Corr ATA9 aggressives. Had those traded-in for K2 M84's, which got loose in the frames. The replacements likewise got loose; very annoying..

So, I investigated market and styles for a few weeks, and resently shopped a lightly used set of Powerslide FSK Cell's at a mere Ôé¼100. Now, those are quite a different ride, talk about serious fit and stability; love 'em alot.
There's a whole lot to learn, but as I quickly turned into an addict, I can now run fast with crossovers, manage hockey style slaloms downhill (in lack of better description), various breaks - did my first power-slide break yesterday, hehe, and getting started on low jumps. I'm having serious fun.. ;)

I work as a systems admin, and play hard rock and progresive metal on guitars and bass. Would be ├╝bercool making a blade vid with own music scores someday ;)

/van
Last edited by van Sinn on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

steph
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: van Sinn

Postby steph » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Welcome to the forum van Sinn!

Torbaydos
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Torbaydos » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Van Sinn
Do you like Tool? and Coheed and Cambria? and Anathema
Prog metal rules

van Sinn
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby van Sinn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 am

Indeed it does. thanks for pointers to a couple I hadn't encountered, now off to the tube I venture..

What! I'm being titled 'lurker'! I thought that's only until sighning up, tsk tsk tsk ;-D

Return to “Welcome”