Hello there South East Skate Fans

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

bornagainskatefan
Lurker

Hello there South East Skate Fans

Postby bornagainskatefan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 pm

I am a born again skate fan and you will find me mostly on my rear end on the south coast or East Grinstead Roller disco
I have made the move from inlines to quads and finding the change rather hard on said rear end and wrists!
Looking for advice on kid skate wheels, my son has some osprey boots with 32x 52mm wheels and finding it hard to find a replacement any sugestions I will be looking in!
Take care
Jo

bornagainskatefan
Lurker

Re: Hello there South East Skate Fans

Postby bornagainskatefan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:23 pm

have no Idea how I got my post up there twice!
My brand new skates are making an odd noise after using them only a few times, is this my bearings breaking in or trying to break out.

steph
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby steph » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:43 pm

bornagainskatefan wrote:have no Idea how I got my post up there twice!
My brand new skates are making an odd noise after using them only a few times, is this my bearings breaking in or trying to break out.
Welcome to the forum Jo,

Can't comment on the kids wheels (though I'm sure others will, there're enough skater parents here of all ages (and also whose kids are of all ages!)) but as to noises on your skates; it's not necessarily anything to worry about; particularly if you've given them a rough time (sand, wet-weather etc.;), even if they don't roll to the touch they'll likely be fine when they're underfoot.

Basically, unless they were really, really cheap, I'd not worry!

Becca
New school
New school

Postby Becca » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:09 pm

bornagainskatefan wrote: East Grinstead Roller disco

I used to go there in the 1980s! Good old days.
I only live up the road, so I should probably give it a go sometime. How busy does it get?

Return to “Welcome”