Introducing me and small help buying a new skate :)

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Gilgamesh
Lurker

Introducing me and small help buying a new skate :)

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello people!
I am Henrique and currently am living in Graz - Austria. I am planning on buying a pair of skates for me, but I am not sure which one to get.
I plan on using them on the street to go around the place and perhaps in the future start trying some slalom or something...
I am fairly new to skating, so I would need something suitable for a beginner... I've narrowed down my options to the following models (based on the price I can pay right now and models available in stores around here).
(All prices are in Euros)

K2 Power M (80mm wheel 80A) - $100
Rollerblade Spark SC 80 (80mm wheel 82A) - $70
Rollerblade SpiritBlade CX (78mm wheel 80A) - $70
K2 Moto 84M (84mm wheel 80A) - $130
Fila Matrix 84 (84mm wheel 83A) - $100

So, if you had to choose between those ones for a beginner, which would be a better option?

Thanks a lot!

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Re: Introducing me and small help buying a new skate :)

Postby Acidedge » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Hallo und herzlich willkommen SR.com! Ich bin halb Österreicher (durch Heirat!)

No idea about any of those individual models, so all I can recommend is try on as many pairs as you can, discard the ones that don't fit you well and choose the best pair you can afford from what's left.

Oh, and read this thread.

Gilgamesh
Lurker

Re: Introducing me and small help buying a new skate :)

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey AcidEdge! Thanks for the link.
I had already it, and I took in consideration most of those advices. Still I plan on trying them for a little longer time to make sure I can grab the best fit to my foot. What I just wanted to make sure is that the material of these skates is at least decent and won't be destroyed in like 6 months or less - or even worse, break during use. My budget is a little tight (around 120 euros), so that is why i narrowed it down to these models...
Anyways, thanks for the time to answer that :)
If anyone else has any kind of feedback on the durability or quality of the material on these skates, I would be really glad! :D

Return to “Welcome”