Hello :-)

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

HK47
Power slider
Power slider

Hello :-)

Postby HK47 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 am

Hi there, just stumbled across this site from a random link on Skatelog - I've been looking for a UK skating forum thats actually active for a while now!

Anywho, I'm in Sheffield, mostly skate Derby but have started working on some dance moves (grabbing tips from those more experienced every now and then). I'm building a pair of skates to dance on so I don't have to mess about with my Derby skates, toe stops etc, then intend on getting myself off to lessons in Leeds :)

I tend to skate indoors, but last Sunday completed the Goodwood Roller Marathon and recently got pointed to a local place with nice smooth tarmac, so will probably do more outdoors when time allows. I also fancy getting over to skate in Derby's rink and Rollin in Nottingham at some point, the local rink here is a bit of a dive and I seem to get muck-coated wheels whenever I go there :|

tl;dr - Ramble about skates, hi!

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Hello :-)

Postby Look no Skywater » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:10 am

Welcome about the forum. We're fairly London centric but there are hot spots of skaters from various places. I'm not sure there's much going on in the Yorkshire area though. Good crew in Nottingham who may be along to furnish you with more info soon.

Kim
New school
New school

Postby Kim » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Welcome to the forum

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi there - I did my first ever roller skating on the Sheffield hills when I was a kid! Crazy stuff but you learn quickly :)

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Postby Acidedge » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi HK47! (You aren't "Stunami" by any chance?)

I'm Jim, one of the aforementioned Nottingham crew. (And have recently relocated to Chesterfield, so not far from you at all!) If you fancy have a roll about outdoors with us, we meet up Saturday afternoons for some chilled skating. All details on the NS website, here. Hope you can join us.

HK47
Power slider
Power slider

Postby HK47 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes!

GuinnessGirl - Yeah, Sheffield has lots of interesting hills, lol. That said, I've successfully skated most of the city center! (with Council permission)

Jim - Definitely not Stunami! (he's not from Sheffield, and I'm not a boy, haha!). I work in Chesterfield ;) I will make it along for a Saturday afternoon if I can schedule it (there's lots of Derby bouts and stuff on at the mo and I ref as well as compete), it sounds great :)

Return to “Welcome”