Hi! Ex-hockey skater

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

KieranYo
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Hi! Ex-hockey skater

Postby KieranYo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Obligatory introduction post..

I live in South Wales but work and stay in London in the week (around the Victoria area) so after a few weeks of seeing a lot of people skating on the road near Hyde park I finally managed to track this forum down.

I've skated off and on since I was around 13-14 (I'm 29 now), plenty of street skating, roller hockey etc. so am pretty experienced although I haven't touched my skates for about 4 years - I've been playing Ice Hockey instead :D (see photo below). I finally decided to bring my roller blades with me last week to get a feel of London and to get used to skates with wheels again (Ice Hockey skates are much different), so did a 7 mile skate from Victoria to Hackney to get used to them again.

I'm hoping to join you all tomorrow on the LondonSkate, it's a shame I didn't join in before now as the nights are getting darker and the weather worse. I did a charity 55 mile cycle on the weekend so my knee is playing up a little but should be fine tomorrow.

It's a bit lonely being in a city where you know no one so it'll be good to meet some new people with similar interests too :)

lurch
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Hi! Ex-hockey skater

Postby lurch » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the end of the LondonSkate season, there's still quite a lot of interesting skating on the cold and dark Wednesdays of the winter, although it's unmarshalled ;)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/13550645 ... 7189160251

KieranYo
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby KieranYo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Sounds good! Cheers 8)

Johnny
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Johnny » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:37 pm

KieranYo wrote:I'm hoping to join you all tomorrow on the LondonSkate, it's a shame I didn't join in before now as the nights are getting darker and the weather worse. I did a charity 55 mile cycle on the weekend so my knee is playing up a little but should be fine tomorrow.

It's a bit lonely being in a city where you know no one so it'll be good to meet some new people with similar interests too :)

Hi and welcome :-)
I hoping to skate tomorrow night and Friday night too.
Skating at night isn't a problem when you carry cycle lights.
See you tomorrow.

Return to “Welcome”