new member alert....

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

rp16v
Gumbie
Gumbie

new member alert....

Postby rp16v » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm

hi all just a quick low down iv just got back to skating again after a 10yr gap picking up my Salomon Defelctor II's next week,already been looking for frames/wheel upgrades as i play hockey on tues and mashed my wheels on my first outing but will be free/street skating a fair bit aswell but no grinding.. i left all thet behind a while ago just like doing gaps,rotaions,abit of hockey and some distance
wso would i be better off keeping the resin frames for allround skating or would a alloy upgrade be of much benifit?

are there any other frames on the market that are a direct replacmentfor for the salomons that would take upto 80mm as oviosley they are no longer in the trade :(
thanks
roger.

steph
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: new member alert....

Postby steph » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 pm

rp16v wrote:hi all just a quick low down iv just got back to skating again after a 10yr gap picking up my Salomon Defelctor II's next week,already been looking for frames/wheel upgrades as i play hockey on tues and mashed my wheels on my first outing but will be free/street skating a fair bit aswell but no grinding.. i left all thet behind a while ago just like doing gaps,rotaions,abit of hockey and some distance
wso would i be better off keeping the resin frames for allround skating or would a alloy upgrade be of much benifit?

are there any other frames on the market that are a direct replacmentfor for the salomons that would take upto 80mm as oviosley they are no longer in the trade :(
thanks
roger.
Welcome to the forum roger!

I *think* Deflectors are UFS so any UFS frame should in principle fit. Are the original frames warping/bent etc? if not, you're better spending your money on a new set of wheels, bearings and the trainfare to town for one of the streetskates ;)

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:35 am

Except I think deflectors took tiny wheels. An alloy frame that can take all 80s would be a big upgrade.

rp16v
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby rp16v » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:09 pm

yes they are of the fsk series so they have ufs frames
the skates are brand new due to pick them up next week from the shop they come with 72mm wheels if i can fit a 76 in with a little modding then im happy as that opens my wheel selection already but i do like the look of alloy frames on these skates.

steph- would be a hell of a train ticket as im in bristol im just after roller chat with like minded ppl as there is a small group here that i am still entering into :lol:

Return to “Welcome”