Converted skater, quads to inlines

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Oliver85
Lurker

Converted skater, quads to inlines

Postby Oliver85 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Hello,

Il keep this short, got back into skating earlier this year after I saw people about on them around the parks in London.

Where I live, I dont think people have seen them before :o

My question is, I did the Sunday stroll with LFNS on my supreme turbo 33's however quads and rough sufaces/man hole covers and road bumps dont go too well....... Perfect for roller disco however.

I went to Club Blue room today and they recomeneded the Sebas's FRX80, forgive me for asking a simple question but I dont know the answer myself.
Will a freeskate be ok for street skating?

I wont be doing agressive skating, I dont bounce like I used to as a kid when I fell :)

Im guessing that to change to a bigger wheel then I just replace the chasis if needed if its set for 80mm?

Thank you.

Oliver

mit
New school
New school

Re: Converted skater, quads to inlines

Postby mit » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:28 am

Almost any inline is good for street skating, depending on how often you'll be doing it. The Seba FRX will be fine as long as you find them comfortable.
If you get into street skating the chances are you'll end up buying loads more pairs of skates as time goes by and you learn more about what you want out of your skates anyway.

lurch
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby lurch » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:09 am

Oliver85 wrote:Will a freeskate be ok for street skating?

Yes absolutely, 'freeskate' is really a synonym for 'streetskate'. 'Free skating' - skating wherever you want to go. They're intended for skating on street, up/down kerbs, some jumps, some stairs, rough and smooth surfaces, roads, paths, no problem.

Oliver85
Lurker

Postby Oliver85 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 am

Thank you, now I have all the info I need.

I will be getting them soon, going to sell my Supremes as they will get very little use now.

Return to “Welcome”