Confessions of a Forum Stalker

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

atleastinheaven
Power slider
Power slider

Re: Confessions of a Forum Stalker

Postby atleastinheaven » Wed May 30, 2012 4:54 pm

JustJon - I assume from the spelling of your name that you are a 'Jonathan', the same as me. Don't even bother with trolls/chavs/whatever. The thing that really annoys them most is when nobody talks to them. So do not talk to them. Ignore them 100%.

Mick/mit are right. Just turn up. Start up a conversation - preferably not with Mick or me because we are 3x your age and skate with the aid of zimmer frames. Do not forget that if your skates are in rocker formation then that's perfect for slalom. There is a big group on Serpentine Road about 200 metres up from the kiosk at the Hyde Park Corner end. Don't be afraid to go up, introduce yourself and ask if you can join in. There are other groups as well at various poing along the Serpentine Road.

I have sent you a PM

JustJon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby JustJon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 pm

atleastinheaven wrote:JustJon - I assume from the spelling of your name that you are a 'Jonathan', the same as me. Don't even bother with trolls/chavs/whatever. The thing that really annoys them most is when nobody talks to them. So do not talk to them. Ignore them 100%.

Mick/mit are right. Just turn up. Start up a conversation - preferably not with Mick or me because we are 3x your age and skate with the aid of zimmer frames. Do not forget that if your skates are in rocker formation then that's perfect for slalom. There is a big group on Serpentine Road about 200 metres up from the kiosk at the Hyde Park Corner end. Don't be afraid to go up, introduce yourself and ask if you can join in. There are other groups as well at various poing along the Serpentine Road.

I have sent you a PM

I am indeed. Gotta hate the John spelling. Yeah I usually do I guess I wasn't expecting someone on such a random forum.

Pahaha. 57 years old for real? I don't think you are. OKay maybe you are. :). Sorry I don't mean to be rude I'd be proud of myself for being as healthy as you guys. I think i'm going to train on my own for a while till I feel good enough to call myself a slalom skater. Hyde park is about an hour away so I lose a lot of time just getting there and back.

atleastinheaven
Power slider
Power slider

Postby atleastinheaven » Wed May 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Actually, justjon, I am 59. But today I feel 57 so that will be my age this Wednesday. One hour away is nothing. No excuses.

JustJon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby JustJon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:11 pm

Nice. I'm always very impressed by people who carry on exercising. I hate seeing people who give up at 30 on ever being fit and healthy. Haha. I know I know. I have a lot of revision to do this month though so the hours stack up.

Becca
New school
New school

Postby Becca » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:38 pm

JustJon wrote: I hate seeing people who give up at 30 on ever being fit and healthy.

You won't find many people like that on this forum or the London street skates. Most of us are over 30!

JustJon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby JustJon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:50 pm

I guess it comes with the territory of being a skating forum. :).

doubledee
Lurker

Postby doubledee » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 pm

JustJon wrote:I know I shouldn't acknowledge such a failed, and obvious, attempt at trolling. Haters gonna hate. Yeah it's kinda lame that they even bother. I've already had my fair share of abuse for inline skating from random members (not that kind) of the public. I guess it's the least I could expect. This is the internet after all.

Haters gonna hate, but skaters gotta skate
Have you made it to any of the skates yet?

Mick
New school
New school

Postby Mick » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Finally got to use my bus pass to get to a roller disco last week, been wanting to do that for ages. The bus was full of old people though which felt a bit odd.

JustJon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby JustJon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 pm

doubledee wrote:Haters gonna hate, but skaters gotta skate
Have you made it to any of the skates yet?

Yeah I've been to three so far. Probably coming tonight.

Bus pass? I have free bus travel till september :).

Skate girl
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Skate girl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Mick wrote:
skatingisforfags wrote:how many dicks do i need to suck before im accepted into the skating scene? ;)

Well, we'll need proof of your dick-sucking skills first, we do have standards you know! Got any written endorsements from your previous clients?

OMG, Trust you to write the put down of the century! From now on I my nickname for you is 'El Cid'

Skate girl
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Skate girl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Becca wrote:
JustJon wrote: I hate seeing people who give up at 30 on ever being fit and healthy.

You won't find many people like that on this forum or the London street skates. Most of us are over 30!

Speak for yourself girlie ;) ;)

Skate girl
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Skate girl » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:19 pm

JustJon wrote:
Bus pass? I have free bus travel till september :).

On second thoughts, dont turn up...we dont want any young whipper snappers on our skate! Get out of it you skallywag!!!! ;)

JustJon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby JustJon » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Skate girl wrote:On second thoughts, dont turn up...we dont want any young whipper snappers on our skate! Get out of it you skallywag!!!! ;)

(u) ...

:| ....

:cry:

Return to “Welcome”