Hello!

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

samimahmood
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Hello!

Postby samimahmood » Thu May 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello everyone,

My name's Sami and I have decided to start skating again after around a 23 year hiatus... (not including a drunken skate at the Vauxhall roller disco around 4-5 years ago)

Back when I was skating properly (in the 80s), it was all about the Bauer Turbos and the Graf GX 175s. I had a set of Grafs back then (purchased from, the now sadly closed down, Surrey Skateboards in Woking) and about 3-4 years ago, I managed to find a set of pristine Graf GX 175s in a shop in Streatham, so I took the plunge and purchased them with the intention of starting up again...

I'll post up a picture of them once I have finished setting them up...

Unfortunately, a couple of weeks after buying them I managed to tear the ligaments in my right ankle from doing a celebratory breakdance on a bowling alley (I had just hit 3 strikes and 2 spares in a row). A few months after recovering from that, I got run over by a car which put me out of action for nearly a year and left me with a metal plate and 8 pins in my leg!

Anyway, a couple of years on and I am now feeling a lot more confident about the strength of my leg, so I have decided to try skating again... :)

I'm just waiting to purchase some new wheels (Sims Street Snakes) and some protective gear next week, (I am currently recovering from a broken hand) then, weather permitting, I will be back on my Grafs feeling like a teenager again! (probably a very bruised teenager after the first skate!)

It's great to hear that there are skate nights/days going on in London and I hope to pop along to a few of them over the next month or so...

Cheers

Sami

HK47
Power slider
Power slider

Re: Hello!

Postby HK47 » Thu May 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi there, glad to se you made it :) I recon getting pads is gonna be a real good investent for ya :D

samimahmood
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Re: Hello!

Postby samimahmood » Thu May 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Tell me about it!

Return to “Welcome”