New to the board.

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Mozpowerlifter
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

New to the board.

Postby Mozpowerlifter » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 am

My names Moz.

I skated aggro loads between the ages of 13-20, then stopped (I competed in Powerlifting and Benchpress for 11 or so years). I always kept a pair of skates but didn't use them very often. Any way turned 30 this year and got some new Roces MG ones and fell in love with rolling again and was really pleased to see a new style of skating id never seen before..

Slalom!!! How awesome, gave it a go around some tin cans and got hooked. I think you should buy the best equipment with the budget you have so I got some Seba Highs 2012. I'm still in the process of breaking the buggers in they feel quite tight which I read is normal until the mold around my feet?

I'm up in the Northwest of England and tbh I don't know anyone around my area who does slalom? If anyone would like to hook up for a skate I will travel :)

Moz

GumbieBEN
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: New to the board.

Postby GumbieBEN » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Welcome Moz!

dodgy
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby dodgy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi Moz,

whereabouts are you? There are a few of us falling over cones in Southport. Victoria Park most weekends, if you fancy joining us :)

Mozpowerlifter
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Mozpowerlifter » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 am

dodgy wrote:Hi Moz,

whereabouts are you? There are a few of us falling over cones in Southport. Victoria Park most weekends, if you fancy joining us :)

Really!!!? :) that's awesome I'm in Northwich, Cheshire? Southport is just down from Blackpool? 1.5hour drive, tops. Well worth it to skate with others.

I'll inbox you my number and if your out and about on the weekend/evening let me know. I do a week on call (when I can't go far) and a week off call. This week I'm off so I can come for a roll.

Thanks for the reply :)

dodgy
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby dodgy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:53 pm

57 mins according to AA Route Planner! Definitely no excuse now ;)

See you at the weekend :)

Return to “Welcome”