New here, been skating long time!

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

zyonchaos
Gumbie
Gumbie

New here, been skating long time!

Postby zyonchaos » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Hello one and all Im Jay, 30yr old capricorn, 6ft..(what do you mean its not one of those forums????)

Ahh well, anyway have been skating off and on for the past 22yrs. Have just restarted as my 7yr old son got invited to a roller disco and dragged me along (expecting to see his old man drop on his arse lol) Forgot how much I enjoyed it so brought a new pair of blades online that night. Have a pair of SFR RX23's, cos the wife didnt want me spending too much in case I didnt carry it on. That was 2 months ago, I now have my wife on RX23's and both my son and (nearly 3yr old) daughter on SFR blades. Yes my not quite 3yr old daughter can skate blades (I swear its genetic lol).

Looking forward to chatting with like minded people and hopefully meeting up and having a damn good skate!!

Jay

Sparky
New school
New school

Re: New here, been skating long time!

Postby Sparky » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Welcome, where in the world are you Zyonchaos?

zyonchaos
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby zyonchaos » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 pm

lol yeah that would of helped really wouldnt it.

Im in Lincoln, UK.

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Postby Acidedge » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Jay, welcome to SR.com!

If you're based in Lincoln then you're only about an hour away from us! We have a very active skating community based in Nottingham and call ourselves the NottinghamSkaters. We have a general skating session on Saturday afternoons, a street skate on Wednesday nights and offer private skating lessons if you want help improving your skating skills. You're welcome to join us!

zyonchaos
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby zyonchaos » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:20 pm

I would love to join you guys, but as usual time and work prevent things lol.
I keep trying to get down to Nottingham to catch a bit of Ice hockey, so when the season starts up again I may tempt the wife with my wallet a trip to Ikea and me and the kids will have some skate time followed by the hockey lol.

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Postby Acidedge » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:01 am

zyonchaos wrote:...I may tempt the wife with my wallet a trip to Ikea and me and the kids will have some skate time followed by the hockey lol.

Sounds like a plan! (y)

Gregorezzi
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Gregorezzi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 pm

I am similar to you pal :)

Also Capricorn of 6ft3 aged 27. Based in Manchester though. I used to speed skate between 1994-2004 and recently returning to sport. I got my 5 year old son involved in ice speed skating and got him a pair of roller blades and he seems to be really switched on and more talented than me :) I just need to get my wife into skating yet, only if there was more smooth surface available :/

Actually I set myself a goal to start competing again in all sorts of races and would like a 26mile marathon :) got myself a pro set of speed skates, its a setup of Bont Z 2PF+ 13,2inch alu frame 7050-T6+Jesa Swiss 608 bearings + 4x110mm HR 85A wheels. will see how it goes :)

All the best

Greg

Torbaydos
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Torbaydos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:01 am

Well, Gregorezzi, a lot of us are going out to Berlin to do the marathon at the end of September, and Cologne marathon is 14 October

Gregorezzi
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Gregorezzi » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:09 am

I keep that in mind. However I thought that I could do Preston Arena Marathon on 7 October to see how it goes. I need to do some serious training yet, cos now I manage to skate on just 2 occasions a week do due work :(

Are you going in a pack to cologne or flying there or what?

Cheers

Torbaydos
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Torbaydos » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Everyone seems to be going out on Eurostar on Saturday morning (as it is only five hours from London) but all coming back at different times dependent on whether people can get Monday off work.

It is technically feasible to get the Eurostar back to London on Sunday night after the marathon (but I cannot say whether it is for the North)

Return to “Welcome”