Introduce yourself - old

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Ratface
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Ratface » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:46 am

I'm Steve (another one) but I answer to Ratface. I'm a Brit, but I live in sunny Sweden in Gothenburg on the west coast (yup - where all the goths live!). I'll be skating my first marathon at the Tunnel race in Stockholm this October. Drop me a line if you want any info about the event from a local(ish) skater.

-troublemaker-
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby -troublemaker- » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:23 am

Hey! I'm Michelle from Ohio...U.S.A. I wanted to meet ppl all over the place outta the US that skate too...Hope I get to know all you ppl!

hatzi-katzi
New school
New school

Postby hatzi-katzi » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:37 pm

i think that is my chance to make a second note, so,
hi it's me, and I'm new... on the forum.

Daveo
New school
New school

Postby Daveo » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:21 am

I'm Daveo and I live on the largest island in the world. (b) :P

-troublemaker-
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby -troublemaker- » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:07 pm

Heya...I havn't been on here in like 2 months probably, so I thought that I'd re-introduce myself...I'm Michelle from Ohio (USA) and yeah, I only know a few people from the UK...so PM me anytime or leave me an e-mail at Ellesk84life@yahoo.com!

bexbj
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby bexbj » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:42 am

Why is it that so many skaters are computer peeps on the side?!! You're the third Ive met!
Must be something bout the precision of skating that helps fiddling with chips and java and stuff!!
But very impressive web-site!!

Im a linguist Im afraid, and skating is something that I got into in Paris and is now slowly taking over my life to console me for being back in england!! :lol:

I dunno if anyone's still doing this introduction thing (or maybe I'm just way too slow on the up-take) Ive not long been on the forum and I gotta say this thing rules!! Really just sooooo coool!!
:mrgreen:
But if anyone's still out there and could give a flying monkeys :
Im Bex, I go to uni in Bristol and come from Leicester but am part-time parisien when I can afford it (like this wknd for example, as am presently sitting in a Parisien appartment waiting for a friend to come round to go slalom at Troca if the rain holds off) Im mad about skating, especially slalom, and cant wait to start making some progress! I'll be in London as soon as I can to see how the real stars do it!!
(k) B

Gerbil
New school
New school

Postby Gerbil » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:45 am

bexbj wrote:Why is it that so many skaters are computer peeps on the side?!!
It is strange at least half of the ones I know are (including myself)

bexbj wrote:Im Bex
so whats the BJ for ? nothing rude i hope.

Welcome aboard our board.

bexbj
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby bexbj » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:42 am

Freaky eh!

Well maybe Im missing out on something amazing on the computer dept!!
Tee hee!!

And BJ is nothing as exciting as that, tho I am particularly... (self-censorship does not allow me to continue)

Its just my surnames, but the nickname and rep does seem to follow somehow!! My A Level English teacher once shouted across the classroom,
"Oi, BJ you must get enough practise at using your mouth outside of the class, give it a rest whilst in here and tell me what imagery you think Keats is referring to here!"
Never did quite live that one down!!
:oops:
And thanks for the Welcome!!
:P

matty
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby matty » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:33 am

Hi I'm Matt, and frankly i'm too tall to be on skates, but i'm not letting that stop me.. i've been on the forum for about 2 weeks and i'm loving it!

something skate orientated to get me through my day.

PS: anyone know how to turn this bloody rain off???? :( :(

Jon
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Jon » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:09 pm

Thank you for sharing, everyone. ({) My name's Jon, and I'm a quad skater...

I bought my skates about 2 years ago in a retail therapy binge and they sat in the corner of my kitchen until I one day in September when I found myself skating around a park and I can't remember why but I'm very glad because now I can't stop and I'm learning to go backwards. I'm a wannabe rollerdancer. Catch me at rollerdisco most weeks.

scarecrow
Wannabe
Wannabe

greetings from RVA!!!!

Postby scarecrow » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:48 pm

Greetings!!! My name is Wes and I'm from a little city called richmond about 90 miles south of washington DC in the state of Virginia. It's beautiful here, but the skating sux. So after skating for 19 years I will soon have the opportunity to cross the pond and shred some street in London. I'm hoping there will be a few events going on when im over there in mid-February. In the meantime, it's ya'll's job to make sure it doesnt snow, rain, etc. so make me proud and leave the spicket off from feb 16th through the 24th.

Thanks from the yanks,
Wes

Lil Miss Lavin
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Lil Miss Lavin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:40 pm

Hey everyone!!! I'm Lavin from Knoxville, TN.. USA! I'm a girl!! LOL I'm brand new to the forums!! :mrgreen:

-troublemaker-
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby -troublemaker- » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:42 pm

That's ma gurl Lavin! She's awesome and hot! Be nice to her guys!! I luuve ya gurl!

Lil Miss Lavin
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Lil Miss Lavin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:53 pm

Aww thanks Elle!!! Thanks for hookin me up with a new board to post on!!! LOL And Yeah.. I am HOT!! lmao j/k!!! i love you girl!!

greazer
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby greazer » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:01 pm

Hi Lavin,

Welcome to SR forum! :)
Do you skate? Or are you just here for the SR fun?

Cowry
New school
New school

Postby Cowry » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:56 pm

Autch.. I've never introduced myself on SR... Sorry guys, hope I'm not too late, since I haven't been on too long...
Hi, I'm Carmen (or Cowry), I'm also a girl and I actually do skate (mostly freestyle, but soon I will start doing some speedskating as well)
Oh, and I'm Dutch... (so now Naomi probably knows who I am on the forum ;) )

Lil Miss Lavin
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Lil Miss Lavin » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:33 am

greazer wrote:Hi Lavin,

Welcome to SR forum! :)
Do you skate? Or are you just here for the SR fun?

Yes actually I do skate. I'm a jamskater though. I don't know if any of you know what that is but basically it's a more modern form of ice skating on roller skates.

Max
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Max » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:46 am

Dear,

I'm Max (maxime galichet) i'm french skater, i practice freestyle slalom and speed slalom since 4 years., i'm member of french rollerblade team.

I'm international judge and I work also for IFSA (secretary).
I would like to develop international practice of rollerskate.

I look to develop my english too, because for the moment it's too bad !! (I'm sorry for you ;-) )

So, have a nice day,
reagards,

MAX

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:31 am

Hi Max,

Your written english it excellent. Welcome to the the Serpentine Road forums.

Slalom is stil in its infancy here in the UK. There are many who have been inspired the french slalomers and practice regularly, but you guys are just too good :mrgreen:

Rick

greazer
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby greazer » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:33 am

Cowry wrote:Autch.. I've never introduced myself on SR... Sorry guys, hope I'm not too late, since I haven't been on too long...
Hi, I'm Carmen (or Cowry), I'm also a girl and I actually do skate (mostly freestyle, but soon I will start doing some speedskating as well)
Oh, and I'm Dutch... (so now Naomi probably knows who I am on the forum ;) )

Need some help with that speedstuff Cowry?
I'll help you with that if you want, you can help me with freestyle (going to need that after Naomi's workshop this weekend).

Ohhh... I am Andreas (Andy is OK, greazer on here and other skate forums). I'm a guy. I skate. I'm Dutch!!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Welcome”