Introduce yourself - old

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

CrazeeDave
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Hello

Postby CrazeeDave » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi all

Thought I'd better post her 1st.
I'm an old school quad skater. :)
Sometimes aggressive [skating not nature] ....see vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJgY2PJ_vk

Hopefully I'll have some input rather than just lurking.

okapi
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby okapi » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:04 am

Hi,

I lead a double life as a slalom skater (when i'm at home in singapore) and crashing into people as an ice hockey player (when i'm away at university in sunny england), though slalom is still what I love best.

I hope to venture as far as hyde park, and probably nottingham, too, one day, when i get back to England in october after three months of blissful skating in the sun by the sea in those terribly painful seba skates =P

I know this is probably a stupid question, but do people skate in hyde park all year round or just the summer? I'm still trying to get used to the fact that skating outdoors in British winter is usually rather off-putting =P

oh, and i almost forgot - i'm not particularly good at slalom or ice hockey, though i'm always willing to learn =P

malspeedster
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby malspeedster » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:25 am

Howdy!!
Hav been hanging out in the park for the past 2-3 years oledi.
I am specky William no.2, which hang out near the top end of Serpentine Road.

Just join the forum, coz I am bored at work!! :P
And I want to declare my love for skating.

Jasper
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Jasper » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:25 pm

Jemane here, awful skater but teaching myself. Im from hackney and have no idea if there is anywhere good to skate here, lol. might just nip to hyde park and break a leg.

Jochen
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Jochen » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:51 pm

Hello and Moin, Moin!

I'm Jochen from Bremen, Germany, and I got my first skates in May of this year. Since then I'm practising slalom and like it a lot! I've already learned some things I thought I could never master, and, well, I haven't mastered them yet, but anyways... ;)

I hope to meet some of you at Battle UK II! Yes, I'm a bit crazy and registered for my first competition after just half a year of skating, but you have to start at some time, don't you. ;)

Greetings,

Jochen

Sloop
Lurker

Postby Sloop » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:04 am

Hi, I'm Gianni.. and I have plenty of dreams :)

Domsablos
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Domsablos » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:17 am

ah Dreams, i remember when i had them...

I also started skating in May, I'm primarily a street / speed skater, and have only recently descovered the joy of the cone.

I'm a Nottingam skater, but try to get down to London when i can.

alipaliuk
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby alipaliuk » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 am

hiya

Alicia here...rekindling my love of skating , Quad and inline. Now that I ain't a student anymore I can attend regular skating nights and roller derby round...that is if me proper job doesn't suck me dry beforehand :cry:

krewsir
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Hey ALL

Postby krewsir » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:13 am

What's going on everyone!
I'm joining from the states and checking in to say HELLO. Coming back to skating after more that a few years off and finding lots of great info here. Looking forward to hearing and contributing...

Yoyo
New school
New school

Postby Yoyo » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:20 am

Hello to you too! It certainly is an informative and entertaining forum :)

Welcome, & enjoy!

Sky
Lurker

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Sky » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:20 pm

uh hi ma names kamal but ma middle is sky so dats wat people call me. um im a slight newbie used skate wen i was 12 had an accident and havent dnt it for 7 yrs.. im now trying to strt again cuz i miss it so uh yeh.. i aint got now rankings like paul :oops:

Daveo
New school
New school

Postby Daveo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi Sky. Welcome to the forum and our community.

Please try to use real English here, but apart from that, I hope you enjoy it.

Daveo
New school
New school

Re:

Postby Daveo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:03 pm

alipaliuk wrote:hiya

Alicia here...rekindling my love of skating , Quad and inline. Now that I ain't a student anymore I can attend regular skating nights and roller derby round...that is if me proper job doesn't suck me dry beforehand :cry:

Are you heading down the park at all?

alipaliuk
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby alipaliuk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:48 am

been to very few of them but usually since I've started working it's been either I'm off and it's a no show or I'm on/just finished working nights and the skate is on then I'm too bloody knackered to go :cry:

RollRSkateGirl
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby RollRSkateGirl » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:25 am

Hello!

I'm Rachel. I'm from the USA and I just started Slalom skating about 3 weeks ago. I'm a member of the freestyleskaters.org board but I wanted to spread out a bit too.

I'm a former figure skater (not professional - just for fun and I had private lessons over the years) and also quad skater (artistic) so I was naturally dawn to Slalom skating when I saw a video of Fanny Violeau on You Tube I said I MUST learn how to do that!!

I have Seba 1 Highs which I just love and I've modified my garage so that I have just enough room to skate while it is winter.

I'm not close enough to the other USA slalom skaters to get together to practice easily, but I've been video taping myself and uploading it to the board - in which everyone has been so helpful in giving me pointers.

That's about it. Looking forward to progressing in this awesome style of skating...!

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi Rachel. Welcome to Serp Road. Tennessee, the home of Elvis and Country music. Do you slalom to local music?

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Postby Acidedge » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Look no Skywater wrote:Hi Rachel. Welcome to Serp Road. Tennessee, the home of Elvis and Country music. Do you slalom to local music?

There's talk of holding BattleUS II at Dollywood... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RollRSkateGirl
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby RollRSkateGirl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 am

Look no Skywater wrote:Hi Rachel. Welcome to Serp Road. Tennessee, the home of Elvis and Country music. Do you slalom to local music?

Slalom to Country Music? no.... lol. Actually Elvis was from Memphis (about 600 miles away from where I am in East Tennessee) and Nasvhille is where the country music is.

I live near the Smoky Mountain National Park (protected area of the Appalachian Mountain Range). And, yes, near Dollywood (amusement park, roller coasters, rides, shows, rarely any Dolly....) and Pigeon Forge (which is sometimes refered to as "little Las Vegas")

I'm originally from Pennsylvania (North East United States) but moved here for warmer weather, better choice of work, and far less taxes!

There seems to be just no skate scene here - it's really sad. I was even looking in the phone book for an outdoor skatepark with agressive skaters that maybe I could eventually talk into doing slalom - but there is nothing like that.

But that's not going to stop me from skating :mrgreen:

dataidar
Power slider
Power slider

Postby dataidar » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi, I am Don from Sweden. Have been skating every day for 3 months now. Can´t stop.

BigSteev
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby BigSteev » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:34 pm

dataidar wrote:Hi, I am Don from Sweden. Have been skating every day for 3 months now. Can´t stop.

Maybe that would be a good thing to try learning then? :P

Return to “Welcome”