New Roller Disco opening this weekend near London Bridge

What, where, when and why

Moderator: Traffic warden

Vibemeister
Gumbie
Gumbie

New Roller Disco opening this weekend near London Bridge

Postby Vibemeister » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 am

Announcing the launch of London's newest & Biggest Roller Disco Skating Heaven AT T47.T47 is A huge 3 arena venue
based 2 minutes walk from London Bridge Station.Launch weekend is Sat 21st/Sat 22nd November its Party all the way
starting on Saturday 21st November with Djs Gordon Mac and Calvin Francis, Sammy J,Ruth Fisher
headlining a Fun filled night at London's newest and biggest multi-purpose venue!
Admission costs £10.00 and Nus £7.50.
Sunday 22nd November There is Family skate with sessions throughout the day for the younger skaters to skate and have tuition from Professional Skaters and coaches.See below for details of times:
Sunday night the fun continues with adult Roller Disco session starting at 8pm -11pm door prices the same as Saturday night £10.00 free skate rental.
See myspace.co/skatingheaven http://www.skatingheaven.com
facebook/skatingheaven
Tel-07956 131672
address T47 at 47 St Thomas Street,London Bridge,Se1 3Qx.

Here is a list of session times!

Session 1. 11.00AM-13.00PM, Age 8yrs-13yrs (Must be accompanied by an adult or no entry)
£5 Entry & Free skate rental per person. Family Skate Deal of £15 for a family of four plus free skate Rental.

Session 2. 13.30PM-1530PM, Age 8yrs-13yrs (Must be accompanied by an adult or no entry)
£5 Entry & Free skate rental per person.Family Skate Deal of £15 for a family of four plus free skate Rental.

Session 3. 16.00PM-18.00PM, AGE 14-17yrs (Must be accompanied by an adult or no entry)
£5 Entry & Free skate rental per person.Family Skate Deal of £15 for a family of four plus free skate Rental.

swmlon
Power slider
Power slider

Re: New Roller Disco opening this weekend near London Bridge

Postby swmlon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:40 am

Nice looking place, only a minute walk from my house. Shame though I am not a fan of roller disco, it looks like a good place to play hockey though.

Bella83
Old school
Old school

Postby Bella83 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Looks alright only problem being if the stroll gets rained off i think most of us are over 14

Naomi
Admin
Admin

Postby Naomi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 pm

ooh who are the professional skaters?

I'd love it if London got a skating rink.

swmlon
Power slider
Power slider

Postby swmlon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Naomi wrote:ooh who are the professional skaters?

I'd love it if London got a skating rink.

That is what i wish for everytime i see the rain, which recently has been everyday

Vibemeister
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Vibemeister » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:40 am

For the over 18s there is a Roller disco from 8pm-11pm! Naomi come down you will see a few friends of yours there, including Skate Lisa!

Vibemeister
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Vibemeister » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:46 am

A big Thank you to the inline skaters who came down to support Skating Heaven at T47 on Sundays,It was Great to have such positive feedback and as you can see it's a huge space! 3 rinks and ample space outside the rink zone to practice slalom etc Especially with the weather so rubbish! Inside rules!.Love to see ya all again next week!

Vibemeister
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Vibemeister » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Skating Heaven @ T47 off to a Scorcher!

So much so that we are launching our Friday nightÔÇÖs and Sunday afternoon Family Roller Disco starting this Weekend!!

Finally!! Somewhere for the whole Family to skate on a Sunday.
We have introduced our SUNDAY EVERYBODY SKATE because we would like the children to get away from the TV/PS2/ X BOX to get some exercise and have mums and dadÔÇÖs spend some fun time with their children.
Inline Skaters welcome!

3 separate venues all under one roof one for beginners, one for intermediate and one advanced skaters.

We teach Choreography/Dance Classes/Games/ for the Junior Skaters.
Classes or one to one teaching available for beginners.

Skates and safety equipment are available for Rental!

Central London's Newest and Largest roller rink @ T47 which is situated at 47 St Thomas St, SE1 3QX (opp SE1 Night Club)

ÔÇ£Back In Da DayÔÇØ FRIDAYÔÇÖs ┬ú10 with free skate hire. 8pm - 1am Over 18ÔÇÖs With ID

ÔÇ£Party HardÔÇØ SATURDAYÔÇÖs ┬ú10 with free skate hire. 8pm - 2am Over 18ÔÇÖs With ID

ÔÇ£Everybody SkateÔÇØ SUNDAYÔÇÖs Everyone can skate (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult) ┬ú5 p.p or ┬ú15 for a family of four 1pm - 4pm

ÔÇ£CheapskatesÔÇØ SUNDAYÔÇÖs ┬ú5 with free skate hire. 6pm - 10pm Over 18ÔÇÖs With ID.

Security tight, but polite. No search No entry.

T47 THE PLACE TO BE!

swmlon
Power slider
Power slider

Postby swmlon » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 am

I think i'll be coming along on sunday at those prices, although i want to know how much space is there for practice, in particular skating backwards which i am learning at the moment. Its only 30 seconds walk for me which is ace.

Vibemeister
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Vibemeister » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:44 am

Go to the website there are some photos up and you can see just how big this place is!
3 rinks plus another open area that people have been using for slalom practice!
http://www.skatingheaven.com or on facebook they were quite a lot of photos and videos
going up after the launch event last weekend.

Mick
New school
New school

Postby Mick » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Went along last night and really enjoyed myself. Been suffering roller disco withdrawal symptoms since Wednesday nights at Wembley stopped. Excellent venue, friendly people (including security), music hit the spot, loads of space, nice mellow vibe. Could have done with being busier but as it's the first full weekend it's bound to take a while for word to get around. Met a few of the guys from Wembley there as well as Lisa which was nice. Early days, obviously, but it feels like it's being run by skaters for skaters and shows a lot of promise.

Toby
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Toby » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Slick website. Looks good! Can't wait to check it out.

Graeme
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Graeme » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:15 pm

Would this be a good practice place for a complete noob? I know vibemeister has said there is a big off rink space but how big and how busy? Not getting any practice due to weather and bloody work :( :(

Mick
New school
New school

Postby Mick » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Graeme wrote:Would this be a good practice place for a complete noob? I know vibemeister has said there is a big off rink space but how big and how busy? Not getting any practice due to weather and bloody work :( :(

Perfect place for practicing IMO. It's in the arches under London Bridge station (slightly different place to last year at SEOne Club though). It takes up 3 of the arches plus there are the entrance/seating/bar areas. Each of the arches is a good size with it's own sound system, they feel bigger than they look in the pictures. It'd take a lot of people to fill the whole place up so I think you'll always be able to find a quiet spot to practice.

magichow
New school
New school

Postby magichow » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Vibemeister wrote:Announcing the launch of London's newest & Biggest Roller Disco Skating Heaven AT T47....

Looks cool - and in SE1! - can't wait to check it out :)

Mick
New school
New school

Postby Mick » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Thought I'd give the Sunday 6pm - 10pm session a try today as it's only a fiver and there are cheap train tickets at the moment. Anybody else fancy it?

Mick
New school
New school

Postby Mick » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:28 am

Curse you, Vibemeister! You didn't post to say it wasn't on and nobody put anything on the website. Out one train fare and a bitter sense of anticlimax. There was a Council notice pinned to the door which said that an alcohol licence and a "regulated activity" licence had been applied for so perhaps they got stopped for not doing all the paperwork. Could have said something though :x

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Mick wrote:Curse you, Vibemeister! You didn't post to say it wasn't on and nobody put anything on the website. Out one train fare and a bitter sense of anticlimax. There was a Council notice pinned to the door which said that an alcohol licence and a "regulated activity" licence had been applied for so perhaps they got stopped for not doing all the paperwork. Could have said something though :x

Oh dear......did it say when it would re open? Sparkys cousin has just started working in London Bridge so we were going to drag her along to the new RD sometime soon.

LOL - was there no bar then?

Mick
New school
New school

Postby Mick » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:40 pm

There was a bar when I went on the previous Friday. I assume it was serving alcohol but didn't actually notice as I usually administer my ... er ... brain adjusters before I go in as I'm always skint.

Last night there was nothing except the council notice about permissions having been applied for so no idea what's happening. Be a shame if that's the end as it looked like it could develop into something really good.

cjstudios
Power slider
Power slider

Postby cjstudios » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:26 am

has there been any word about this reopening?

Return to “Events”