Spotted by Spittalfields

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

Milezee
New school
New school

Spotted by Spittalfields

Postby Milezee » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:00 pm

I ventured out for a quick skate round the manor and spotted a young guy skating. He was wearing K2 Soul 7s (just like mine). Unfortunatly I didn't notice anything more useful like hair colour or age.

Is it anyone here? (as in S.R.) I'm still after local knowledge on good skate spots.

(should this be in Foo?)

Slezzer
Old school
Old school

Postby Slezzer » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:11 pm

I live round there, but it isn't me (deemax3 with shiny new viper frames and hyper pro 250 wheels).

Decent skating spots. Hmmm.

When they finish the new A&O building nr spitalfields, there will be quite a nice pedestrian area around that, and I love the bit round broadgate where the floor lights up at night (you're not really allowed to skate there though....).

Other than that no-where particularly special.

Milezee
New school
New school

Postby Milezee » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:40 pm

Thanks for answering.
As I thought, no good local spot. Just wanted to be sure.

Patrick
Old school
Old school

Postby Patrick » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:38 pm

My lounge has a very good surface. And it's local, too. 3mn skate from Spitafields.

But it's a bit small.

blob
New school
New school

Postby blob » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:26 pm

Milezzee, no offence but seriously: How bored are you. Who could give a toss that you saw a skater passing by!!!

John
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Spotted by Spittalfields

Postby John » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Milezee wrote:(should this be in Foo?)

No, it's about skating innit? :P

Milezee
New school
New school

Postby Milezee » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:36 pm

In answer to you question Q, pretty bored. I'm new to skating and trying to make friends innit.
Now if it had be a girl skater in a hot pants and boob tube I guess you might have been interested.

;)

blob
New school
New school

Postby blob » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:54 pm

Milezee wrote:In answer to you question Q, pretty bored. I'm new to skating and trying to make friends innit.
Now if it had be a girl skater in a hot pants and boob tube I guess you might have been interested.

;)

Obviously!

Hot Steppin' Granny
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Hot Steppin' Granny » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:10 am

Milezee wrote:In answer to you question Q, pretty bored. I'm new to skating and trying to make friends innit.

;)

I saw a lovely quad skating boob tube in Benny Dees yesterday - problem is - too much tit to go innit!!! :mrgreen: Disco skating with no bra with a full B cup is off limits for me :cry: My pants are hot when I go skating - but only by virtue of the fact that I sweat so much when I dance.

Sigh - being a hot skating girlie isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Sorry guys, couldn't resist it now could I.

saffron
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby saffron » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:13 am

Hot Steppin' Granny wrote:
I saw a lovely quad skating boob tube in Benny Dees yesterday - problem is - too much tit to go innit!!! :mrgreen: Disco skating with no bra with a full B cup is off limits for me

.Boob tubes suck! its not fair!!!

They look so pretty but they dont actually work with real boobs in the slightest!

Milezee
New school
New school

Postby Milezee » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:28 am

"boob tube" is a bit of an old fasioned name isn't it. I should have maybe thought of a more modern description. (I had to go and look up what the hell "batty riders" were the other day). Womens clothing is not my forte.

saffron
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby saffron » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:30 am

I am a womenswear designer and I havent got a clue what "batty riders" are!?!?! :?

Milezee
New school
New school

Postby Milezee » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:33 am

took me a while to find out - kinda like hot pants.
I gather its from jamaican "batty" for bottom, riders, well.... I gues thats what they do.

Hot Steppin' Granny
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Hot Steppin' Granny » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:45 am

Milezee wrote:Womens clothing is not my forte.

Apparently, it's not mine either :evil:

It could be worse, I could be wearing 'punny printers'.

You are indeed correct, Milezee, batty comes from the Jamaican vernacular slang - ones batty is indeed ones behind. Batty riders are really short shorts - the type that show ones horizontal cheek creases. The good news is, I have the decency to wear them over the top of a pair of lycra tights, thereby eliminating sightings of my cellulite and old age nuclear fall out or in my case, drop down.

rikabel
Power slider
Power slider

Postby rikabel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:25 am

Milezee - I like to go for a skate around the city at night, if you want to join me, that would be groovy. Of course, some of the places I skate one is not really supposed to (eg Paternoster Square behind St Pauls), but I generally like just tooling around on the nice, broad, smooth pavements in the City, maybe slalom around a few bollards, etc. I've never had any hassle from security or anyone - if we could get together an East End/City posse for occassional evening skates I'd be very happy.

Oh, and it wasn't me - Crossmax S-Labs with orange and white wheels and a stupid green bottle hanging from my rucksack - in case you see me.

guesty
New school
New school

Postby guesty » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:34 am

Cherry and I went skating around Paternoster Sq the other night; I was quite surprised when, after ten minutes or so, a security guard came out and walked right past us w'out saying a thing.

Slezzer
Old school
Old school

Postby Slezzer » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:35 pm

guesty wrote:Cherry and I went skating around Paternoster Sq the other night; I was quite surprised when, after ten minutes or so, a security guard came out and walked right past us w'out saying a thing.

How come whenever I try to use the square as a cut through on my way to work I get yelled at?

I had to completely change my route because of the hassle.

The new route is considerably faster, but not nearly as safe.

Patrick
Old school
Old school

Postby Patrick » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:56 pm

Slezzer wrote:How come whenever I try to use the square as a cut through on my way to work I get yelled at?
Vlasta liked to skate thru Paternoster Sq just for the fun of running around the security guards - not something we'd do these days.

But the thing is that they don't always run after you, sometimes they just ignore you.

I guess it depends on their mood and if they had a good night, and also if they spend 2 sec thinking about how stupid they're going to look, yelling at skaters and trying to chase them.

rikabel
Power slider
Power slider

Postby rikabel » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:12 pm

I like to think of it as 'infilskating'. What a geek. Seriously though, I really like skating around the ultra-smooth MoreLondon plaza right next to work at lunchtimes. There are signs all over the place explicitly forbidding rollerblading, but I've never yet had a word said to me by any of the security bods in several months of regular traversals and I've seen quite a few other people skate through. PLUS you get to see all the marvellous 'Earth From The Air' photos as well. Bargain!

Slezzer - it must be your showy skating style which attracts the attention of security...

steph
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby steph » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:18 pm

rikabel wrote:I like to think of it as 'infilskating'. What a geek. Seriously though, I really like skating around the ultra-smooth MoreLondon plaza right next to work at lunchtimes. There are signs all over the place explicitly forbidding rollerblading, but I've never yet had a word said to me by any of the security bods in several months of regular traversals and I've seen quite a few other people skate through. PLUS you get to see all the marvellous 'Earth From The Air' photos as well. Bargain!

This is the one south of the river next to the Mayors Testicle? with the slate tiles?

Return to “London Scene”