Sainsbury's flyer

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

BrenBaz
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby BrenBaz » Thu May 27, 2004 3:48 pm

If you dont want to upset the Marble Arch guys, I would suggest the Sainsbury on Berkley St, just off Piccadilly., nice smooth floors. :evil:

blob
New school
New school

Postby blob » Thu May 27, 2004 4:02 pm

But I think we are stupid enought to actually want to upset them. They banned us and we want our revenge! :x

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Thu May 27, 2004 4:15 pm

It's got to be the one where you know there is going to be a problem, i.e. Marble Arch. Also, if you get into the shop you have to behave in a thoroughly respectable manner to not give them any valid reason to keep skaters out. Take the high ground no whizzing around and alarming the other shoppers. Potter round at walking pac and look round the corners, stop and give way to foot bound shoppers be polite,....if you can't do this please don't take part as it will ruin the effect and will even be detrimental. We need a good name and not re-enforce the opinion that we are a bunch of knobheads up to no good.

I have only shopped there on skates once and had no problem but it was before this banning thing came about. I'd like to be a part of it but I'll be away so good luck. If you can get some media coverage that would just be too good.

BTW I happen to agree with banning some skaters on the grounds that they are not able to conduct themselves safely or with consideration for other customers and you can't expect a non-skater to make a valid judgement on who is and isn't safe so a blanket ban is easier from their perspective. So how about offering this as a compromise position - Get them to clarify their position that they accept that there are skaters that would be safe but they are not able to discriminate between them, then offer them free tuition to a basic level so they can better discern what is and isn't safe and then they can allow individuals back in or not based on valid judgement.

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Thu May 27, 2004 4:27 pm

Look no Skywater wrote: Also, if you get into the shop you have to behave in a thoroughly respectable manner to not give them any valid reason to keep skaters out.

Oh dear...you'd better keep StevieB away from any fine young fillies on the checkouts then because he most certainly won't be respectable! :P

Stevie B
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Stevie B » Thu May 27, 2004 6:51 pm

GuinnessGirl wrote:Oh dear...you'd better keep StevieB away from any fine young fillies on the checkouts then because he most certainly won't be respectable! :P

What! Those checkout fillies love a bit of it.... :P

Its the most fun they have at work when some handsome fellow like me starts a little mild flirting.....

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Thu May 27, 2004 7:26 pm

Stevie B wrote:a little mild flirting.....

Stevie honey-you couldn't do 'mild' flirting if you tried! :lol:

gumbzilla
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby gumbzilla » Fri May 28, 2004 2:48 am

GuinnessGirl wrote:Stevie honey-you couldn't do 'mild' flirting if you tried! :lol:

Stevie is vertically dyslexic - that M should have been a W :lol:

Juicy Lucy
New school
New school

Postby Juicy Lucy » Fri May 28, 2004 9:46 am

Stevie B wrote:a little mild flirting.....
phhaaaahhhhh :?

blob
New school
New school

Postby blob » Fri May 28, 2004 11:22 am

Best thing to do is to use their names. They really love it.
"Hey, Good morning Kate. How are you today?" With a big smile and here you go you are sorted.

Except last time I was buying stuff for BBQ with Kalil and I used her name: "Hy, good morning George, How ar................GEORGE!!! I think you've mixed your shirt with your collegue darling!!!" :? :? :?

Juicy Lucy
New school
New school

Postby Juicy Lucy » Fri May 28, 2004 11:29 am

i was in mcdonalds last night and the girl who was serving had a tag on that said 'DAN'. I thought she had the wrong tag on so just as i was about to crack a joke she said that it was really her name,

so embarrased...

blob
New school
New school

Postby blob » Fri May 28, 2004 11:30 am

Jucie Lucy wrote:i was in mcdonalds last night and the girl who was serving had a tag on that said 'DAN'. I thought she had the wrong tag on so just as i was about to crack a joke she said that it was really her name,

so embarrased...

At work someone is called Dan (woman) but it is coming from Danielle!

Juicy Lucy
New school
New school

Postby Juicy Lucy » Fri May 28, 2004 11:38 am

Blob wrote:At work someone is called Dan (woman) but it is coming from Danielle!
yea, i asked her if was short for anything and she said no.... weird

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Fri May 28, 2004 11:45 am

There was a girl who worked in McDs opposite my last companies office whose name was Sukdeep. Didn't take long before she got her name badge changed to Suk though, for some reason.

Caz
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Caz » Fri May 28, 2004 11:45 am

did she have very small breasts and a bulge in her trousers? if so you may have been confusing men and women.

John
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby John » Fri May 28, 2004 12:00 pm

Look no Skywater wrote:There was a girl who worked in McDs opposite my last companies office whose name was Sukdeep. Didn't take long before she got her name badge changed to Suk though, for some reason.

aha ha ha.... ! :)

Hypersonic
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Hypersonic » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:47 pm

Did anyone do this?? I tried to go into Sainsbury on bank holiday and I was chased out by the security..
I tried to tell him I just wanna grab a drink...
I ended up grabbing it off a convenient store nearby.

Doug
Old school
Old school

Postby Doug » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

nope. we need someone to get some flyers, Peter?

symbol
New school
New school

Postby symbol » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:03 am

I did ask my mate who asked in two of the stores he works at and they had no idea what he was on about?

Maybe it's just the Central London stores that have them???

Phil
Old school
Old school

Postby Phil » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:12 am

I went into the Marble Arch branch of Sainsbury's over the weekend and I saw someone skate in right past the Security guard, amble round the shop for a bit, buy some stuff (ducking under the barrier because there wasn't a queue) and then skate out (pretty fast) right past the security guard again.

Doug
Old school
Old school

Postby Doug » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:16 am

If it's one skater they tend to ignore it, it just depends how their feeling & who's guarding.
we're only realy doing this for a bit of fun, although I admit it probably wouldn't help our popularity much.

Return to “London Scene”