Skate shops in Nottingham?

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

Roz
Wannabe
Wannabe

Skate shops in Nottingham?

Postby Roz » Wed May 26, 2004 8:34 pm

Hi guys, I know there are a few Notts ppl around, a friend of mine who's in Nottingham is dying to learn to skate, are there any shops in Notts where he could get a pair of Deemax or other FSK ?

And be able to try on etc?

Cheers

Roz

Davey_Speedstar
New school
New school

Postby Davey_Speedstar » Wed May 26, 2004 10:14 pm

The only shop I know in Nottingham that sells skates is Decathlon, and their rang has diminished over the last year or so.
IMHO your friend'll be best hopping on a train to London

Joniquai
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Skate shops in Nottingham?

Postby Joniquai » Wed May 26, 2004 10:54 pm

Roz wrote:Hi guys, I know there are a few Notts ppl around, a friend of mine who's in Nottingham is dying to learn to skate, are there any shops in Notts where he could get a pair of Deemax or other FSK ?

And be able to try on etc?

Cheers

Roz

There is the hockey shop near the ice centre- he can order in any of the saloman range but doesnt stock it. Before I quit inlines he was going to order a pair of fsk's in for me. His main concern is that people arent going to ask him to order in a pair of skates with no intention of buying them after they've tried them on. But so long as your friend is serious about getting some and does some research then he will be willing to help, I am sure. PM me if you want the shop details.

Also point your friend in the direction of the message board if he wants to meet up with some notts people and/or get some hints learning!

Roz
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Skate shops in Nottingham?

Postby Roz » Thu May 27, 2004 12:44 pm

Joniquai wrote:

Also point your friend in the direction of the message board if he wants to meet up with some notts people and/or get some hints learning!

I will - he's a bit shy about learning and falling in front of strangers... he'll have to get used to that

JohnB
New school
New school

Postby JohnB » Thu May 27, 2004 1:28 pm

I had to mail order my Deemax from CBR. (p&p was a tenner)

Prozac
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Prozac » Fri May 28, 2004 12:03 pm

You could try rollersnakes in Derby. they also have a shop in Leicester although they don't tend to stock that much of a range. The one in Leicester is on the high St. Look them up in the yellow pages and give them a call. they might know of more local shops as well.

Return to “London Scene”