Gumbie

Bank holiday monday

Postby Adam B(GMF) » Mon May 31, 2004 10:08 pm

What a great day in the park 8)

Doug
Old school
Old school

Postby Doug » Mon May 31, 2004 10:30 pm

who are you? were you the aggressive skater doing the jumps on the ramp with us?

I had soooo much fun today, I spent about 1 hour in the whole day (12-8) doing slalom & dance, the rest of the time I jumped the bins PLUS cups 8) (without the ramp :mrgreen: ). At my prime I got 4 layers of cups on top of the bin, but after that I spent my time wobbling of the bins :?
I think I have actualy jumped the life out of my footbeds, my skates are 2 months old, covered in scuffs & the footbeds are now fully compressed giving no spring (n)
working on replacing them at the momnet.

Phil
Old school
Old school

Postby Phil » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:01 am

I really enjoyed today, it was great seeing loads of people down the park even if it was a little crowded at times. Jumping the cones and the bins was really good fun as well.

Doug
Old school
Old school

Postby Doug » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:05 am

Phil wrote:I really enjoyed today, it was great seeing loads of people down the park even if it was a little crowded at times. Jumping the cones and the bins was really good fun as well.

for you to watch :P

Hypersonic
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Hypersonic » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:33 am

Hehe.. yeap.. marvelous day..
saw a few ppl jumping the ramp. It's so Kewl.. :mrgreen:

Later on I heard ambulance coming in, something happened? :oops:

Adam B(GMF)
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Adam B(GMF) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:09 am

Doug wrote:who are you? were you the aggressive skater doing the jumps on the ramp with us?

No. I'm the guy who's introduced himself twice, and you've forgotten :mrgreen:

T-Delight
Power slider
Power slider

Postby T-Delight » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:43 am

absolutely gorgeous weekend! :)

blob
New school
New school

Postby blob » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:08 am

It's now my third Redbull and I still don't have the energy to start any work at all! :?

Great weekend indeed

Stevie B
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Stevie B » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:20 am

Blob wrote:It's now my third Redbull and I still don't have the energy to start any work at all! :?

Why break the habit of a life time Blob boy?

peter
New school
New school

Postby peter » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:03 pm

Great day? Maybe where you were. I spent the entire day making a couple of ramps for my son. Just finished and it started chucking it down with rain. So they are sitting in the garage waiting for the ground to dry.

Doug
Old school
Old school

Postby Doug » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:49 pm

Adam B(GMF) wrote:
Doug wrote:who are you? were you the aggressive skater doing the jumps on the ramp with us?

No. I'm the guy who's introduced himself twice, and you've forgotten :mrgreen:

:oops: sorry,
I must be so popular (lol). Whenever I go skating I get spoken to by anyone & everyone who's ever seen me skating :?
My being bad with matching faces & names & even recognising them doesn't help either :(

Stevie B
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Stevie B » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:58 pm

Doug wrote:My being bad with matching faces & names & even recognising them doesn't help either :(

As long as you never pick my face out in a police line up I dont mind...

By the way... well done on the fire fighting front. Now we all know why the authorities do not allow barbies in the park... Because most people are stoooooopid.

Doug
Old school
Old school

Postby Doug » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:48 pm

Stevie B wrote:
Doug wrote:My being bad with matching faces & names & even recognising them doesn't help either :(

As long as you never pick my face out in a police line up I dont mind...

By the way... well done on the fire fighting front. Now we all know why the authorities do not allow barbies in the park... Because most people are stoooooopid.

lol. I thought people would be smarter than to put a lit BBQ in a bin :?
I had a large bottle of drinking water with me that I used, the problem being I nearly refilled it in the Serp to cover it more :| (It was my drinking bottle)
Although you have got to feel for those kids that were being baptised in it :? . small children having their heads slammed underneath all that filth (n) (n) , I feel dirty enough if I wash my hands in the serp if they're sticky :|

musculix
New school
New school

Postby musculix » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:06 pm

I had a great day, too. Thanks to all the people who joined in for my celebration picnic. My skating sucked though. Not sure whether it was the Bloody Marys or that I was still sore from playing rollersoccer and skating to Richmond the day before. Probably a combination of the two. Looking forward to the next weekend. Let's all sacrifice a goat so that we get some superb weather!

Spud
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Spud » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:32 pm

Doug wrote:I must be so popular (lol). Whenever I go skating I get spoken to by anyone & everyone who's ever seen me skating :?

yeah, I agree. It goes like: hey, you , you are a fucking liability...get the hell out of the way. Does it sound familiar duggie?

ExtremeLee
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby ExtremeLee » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:35 pm

It was the best day i've had at the park to date. Huge applause goes out to the guy on the Mountain bike who stacked it trying to use the ramp to jump the bin. Biatch you!!!

Had a great street skate afterwards as well. Wooooooooooo!!!!

Stevie B
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Stevie B » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:44 pm

musculix wrote: Looking forward to the next weekend. Let's all sacrifice a goat so that we get some superb weather!

Great... I'll get down city farm with the van... Tom fetch the altar....

Phil
Old school
Old school

Postby Phil » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:46 pm

Doug wrote:
Phil wrote:I really enjoyed today, it was great seeing loads of people down the park even if it was a little crowded at times. Jumping the cones and the bins was really good fun as well.

for you to watch :P

Nah I was too busy practising my slaom to watch, except for when the bikers joined in :) I got most of my jumping out of the way on Sunday when it was nice and quiet ;)

Return to “London Scene”