Rant...

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

falp
Wannabe
Wannabe

Rant...

Postby falp » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:24 pm

It's anybody else annoyed about them f..... laying down gravel just in front of the Kensington Palace? There are only two paths that cyclist and skaters are allowed to use in Kensington Gardens and one of them now has a good 50m of it covered in thick gravel, how very annoying!

I've decided to use alternative paths, and hoping they do stop me to vent my anger....

batman
New school
New school

Re: Rant...

Postby batman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm annoyed about anyone laying gravel anywhere as it serves no purpose

Mini Minx
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Mini Minx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Yes, I'm annoyed. They've also put some on the approach to the bridge and across the cycle path (on the route that runs parallel with Serpentine Road - on the other side of the Serpentine), and there's a small patch on on the way up from Albert Memorial on the cycle path - yes, I'm more than irritated.

magichow
New school
New school

Postby magichow » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

I think they want to slow the cyclists down and generally calm down an area which is, lets face it, an accident waiting to happen.

falp
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby falp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:58 pm

They didn't stop the cyclists, but they definitely stopped me... skating downhill on the gravel is definitely not one of my skills. I do agree that it was an accident waiting to happen, the long boarders where using that bit for their slalom and lot's of little children in the scooters enjoying the bit of downhill, anyway it's done and I just have to adjust my route...

magichow
New school
New school

Postby magichow » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 pm

It's not supposed to stop the cyclists - it's a shared use path. Just to slow them down. Works if you are riding something with high pressure skinny tyers. Works a little too well if you are on skates. I feel your pain :(

Return to “London Scene”