Sunday Stroll - Goth Central 16/9/12

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Sunday Stroll - Goth Central 16/9/12

Postby Look no Skywater » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Usual time, usual place, usual rules, usual pace. It's the "Anything as long as it's black" skate. That could be seen as an invitation to wear black. Of course, Mira needs no invitation :) If the rest of you want to darken your look then feel free. I know I will.
More on http://www.lfns.co.uk

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Sunday Stroll - Goth Central 16/9/12 - GO

Postby Look no Skywater » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:54 am

Looking at the tools at my disposal. I am calling this a GO.

Stevie B
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Sunday Stroll - Goth Central 16/9/12

Postby Stevie B » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:06 pm

What was the asbox turn out like?

mit
New school
New school

Postby mit » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Just me with the transmitter to start with, but Guesty and Barbora showed up with reinforcements just before half time which was nice. I don't think we had any of the regulars out on Sunday. Actually the skate seemed to be chock-full of new people!

Is there any way we can power a small MP3 player off the transmitter batteries? A lot of people complained about the music and it would be handy to have a cheap MP3 player on board with a few favourite mixes ready to play?

Dan B
New school
New school

Postby Dan B » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:14 am

mit wrote:Is there any way we can power a small MP3 player off the transmitter batteries? A lot of people complained about the music and it would be handy to have a cheap MP3 player on board with a few favourite mixes ready to play?

I think the transmitter system is 12V, and most cheap mp3 players are 5v or so - so it would need Electronics. Might be easier to put a cheap mp3 player with its own battery in a side pocket of the transmitter pack and make a note to buy a new one from time to time.

Mick
New school
New school

Postby Mick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:12 pm

I concur with Dan. It's quite hard finding mp3 players with separate batteries these days though, usually they are built in and need a 5V USB supply for charging. It wouldn't be hard to build a small USB charger which runs from the main 12V battery, it just needs stepping down to a regulated 5V supply with a USB lead fitted. In fact you can probably get off-the-shelf 5V USB converters designed to run from 12V car batteries. Somebody would have to remember to recharge the mp3 player occasionally though.

Return to “London Scene”