Sunday Stroll 11 Nov - Parsons Green 3rd time lucky - GO!!!!

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

Champagnesuppanova
Wannabe
Wannabe
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sunday Stroll 11 Nov - Parsons Green 3rd time lucky - GO!!!!

Postby Champagnesuppanova » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Apologies for the last minute organisation. But we have a plan! Weather looks promising so we are going to try and finally get to Parsons Green.

atleastinheaven
Power slider
Power slider

Re: Sunday Stroll 11 Nov - Parsons Green 3rd time lucky - GO

Postby atleastinheaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:12 am

That was a really enjoyable skate. Lots of people I talk to had not been for a month and found the pace spot on. Sorry, I do not know your name (first time Lead Marshal) but you got it exactly right.

A request - when we come back from south-west routes can we do more finishes via Belgrave Square/Grosvenor Crescent ? The surfaces there are great to skate on - much easier on the legs than South Carriage Drive.

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 am

Jonathan, while I agree about the surface, it's very difficult to block Grosvenor Crescent exit safely because there are no lights to help with traffic control. While it may seem the same as blocking the Piccadilly entrance to HPC roundabout, they are quite different. That exit is tricky too but it is downhill and one less lane which means we clear across more quickly so we get less aggression from drivers though we get plenty there. Grosvenor Crescent is much more likely to result in an incident, needs more marshals and is harder to get them in position in the short gaps, so it is not a good choice from a skate organisation and safety perspective.

atleastinheaven
Power slider
Power slider

Postby atleastinheaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Look no Skywater wrote:Jonathan, while I agree about the surface, it's very difficult to block Grosvenor Crescent exit safely because there are no lights to help with traffic control.

Thanks for your prompt reply - it is much appreciated. The key word in your post is 'safely'. My request is withdrawn.

Return to “London Scene”