Can Trikke's join the Friday or Sunday skate?

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

ggeldenhuys
Lurker

Can Trikke's join the Friday or Sunday skate?

Postby ggeldenhuys » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 pm

I would really love to join you guys. It looks like such a lot of fun. Unfortunately I don't skate, but rather trikke.

Years ago, 4 of us trikked through the streets of London on a weekend, at it was super cool. Years later, and I'm still trikking. So would it be okay to join you guys? Maybe starting with a Sunday Cruise to see how it goes.

For those that don't know what a Trikke is. It is a 3 wheel cambering vehicle. No pedaling or pushing - but rather a skating or skiing motion that makes it go. It is a small wheel vehicle. 6-12 inch wheels, depending on the model. I have the T12 model, which is 12 inch wheels, and has two disc brakes - so stopping is no problem. A trikke is also very agile - quick sharp turns to avoid people or potholes is easily accomplished.

The following Wikipedia site gives some more info and photos of a Trikke. There is also a small video showing a trikke in action. Trikking is the most fun you can have while exercising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trikke

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Can Trikke's join the Friday or Sunday skate?

Postby Look no Skywater » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Can't have them in the body of the skate for safety reasons but they would be welcome behind the rear marshal where the bikes are.

ggeldenhuys
Lurker

Re: Can Trikke's join the Friday or Sunday skate?

Postby ggeldenhuys » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Fantastic. Thank you very much. I hope to see you guys soon.

Return to “London Scene”