Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby Beanie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi my name is Beanie or in real life Tony. If I can't fly my paraglider then I'm usually blading. I live in Eastbourne where suprisingly there are many skaters. We are lucky to have a great seafront to skate and some of you I have met previously at EXTREME. I also skate with the Brighton Street Skate on a Tuesday and am looking forward to the time it starts again in earnest. Come on Kris lets make it MASSIV this year!

I took up skating at the age of 49 and love it, especially street skating, though also love toller disco and jumping and geneally messing about on wheels!

I was fortunate to be in London last weekend with my girlfriend Pam who participated in the first London street skate of the year and her first ever street skate. She did fantastically well and we had a great day. Big thanks to all the organisers and marshalls.

We've skated a few times on the Serpintine Road and around the sights of London and always had a great welcome form all the slalom and dance skaters in Hyde Park.

We'll be there again this weekend so if you see an old bloke trying to to improve his slalom, powerslide or dance moves... its probobaly me... Say Hi and if you can help improve my skills I'll be a happy man...

Roll on.

Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Hello

Postby lurch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Welcome to the forum Beanie.

Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GumbieBEN » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum... I've heard they do a little skating down in Eastbourne... though I've tended to do more sitting on the beach looking at the sky!

Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Beanie wrote:
We'll be there again this weekend

bring your brolly! (boo :( )

But yes welcome Beanie, and well done to the girlfriend for doing her first streeskate, Sunday was a great day out!

New school
New school

Postby Eviltwin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:00 pm

Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Torbaydos » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Beanie, I think it was you I spoke to at the end of Sunday - I was the guy in hi-fashion knitwear

Well done to your girlfriend.

Return to “Welcome”