Any skaters from Leicester here?

General chat from around the world

Moderator: Traffic warden

JasonN
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:54 am

Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby JasonN » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi all

I'm from North Leicester and do a lot of slalom and most street skating activities

Wondering if there are any skaters from Leicester on here?

Thanks

higgy
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am
Location: 2/3's out from the centre of the Milky way, Earth, uk leicester, originally from Andromeda Galaxy

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby higgy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:21 pm

hey jason, jus seen ur post so i thought post. i from leicester and im into inline skating too! only been doing it for 2-3 month, i've been town on my skates so i aint that bad, trying to do a bit of slalom but its a bit hard at first, so il jus have to take my time. hey it'll be good to hook up and share the passion of skating!
anyway nice one bro, takecare

JasonN
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby JasonN » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:52 am

Hi there!

What part of Leicester are you from and where do you normally skate?

higgy
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am
Location: 2/3's out from the centre of the Milky way, Earth, uk leicester, originally from Andromeda Galaxy

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby higgy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:53 am

hey jason,
i live near peepul centre,near belgrave rd & skate around here on the streets!
some times i skate to town cos theres some nice smooth surfaces to skate on in town.
what about u?

JohnB
New school
New school
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:12 am
Location: SE23

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby JohnB » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 am

higgy wrote:hey jason, jus seen ur post so i thought post. i from leicester and im into inline skating too! only been doing it for 2-3 month, i've been town on my skates so i aint that bad, trying to do a bit of slalom but its a bit hard at first, so il jus have to take my time. hey it'll be good to hook up and share the passion of skating!
anyway nice one bro, takecare



I can spot the east midlands in your typing.

Love it.

Y'get meh?

JasonN
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby JasonN » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:54 pm

higgy wrote:hey jason,
i live near peepul centre,near belgrave rd & skate around here on the streets!
some times i skate to town cos theres some nice smooth surfaces to skate on in town.
what about u?


I'm from Thurmaston. Skate around Watermead Park mostly. Skated around the city centre a few times and the new pavement they have been putting down is awesome, but not been there for a while. Abbey park is great if you can get there when itÔÇÖs not too busy. I also do a lot of skating with the guys in Notts too. If you want to meet up for a skate send me a PM.

Thanks

higgy
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am
Location: 2/3's out from the centre of the Milky way, Earth, uk leicester, originally from Andromeda Galaxy

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby higgy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:04 am

JohnB wrote:
higgy wrote:hey jason, jus seen ur post so i thought post. i from leicester and im into inline skating too! only been doing it for 2-3 month, i've been town on my skates so i aint that bad, trying to do a bit of slalom but its a bit hard at first, so il jus have to take my time. hey it'll be good to hook up and share the passion of skating!
anyway nice one bro, takecare



"I can spot the east midlands in your typing.

Love it.

Y'get meh?


lol, init, nice nice!

higgy
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am
Location: 2/3's out from the centre of the Milky way, Earth, uk leicester, originally from Andromeda Galaxy

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby higgy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:36 am

easy jason hope ur good,
where do u skate in watermead, where the peeps feed the ducks? (on melton rd side) cos theres a lot of stones around there or im i thinking of the wrong part of watermead? pls let me know cos id like to check it out.

abby park is a good idea cos im jus round the corner! i've been wanting to check it out but aint had the chance, now that u've said i bet il be down there a few times a week!

i did check notts out on the net as it looks like blading is more popular there, was thinking of going there on one of their skate days about a month ago but thought i might not be able to deal with it,lol.

it will be good to hook up at watermead or abby park, wherever cos i aint been to any.

JasonN
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby JasonN » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:18 am

higgy wrote:easy jason hope ur good,
where do u skate in watermead, where the peeps feed the ducks? (on melton rd side) cos theres a lot of stones around there or im i thinking of the wrong part of watermead? pls let me know cos id like to check it out.

abby park is a good idea cos im jus round the corner! i've been wanting to check it out but aint had the chance, now that u've said i bet il be down there a few times a week!

i did check notts out on the net as it looks like blading is more popular there, was thinking of going there on one of their skate days about a month ago but thought i might not be able to deal with it,lol.

it will be good to hook up at watermead or abby park, wherever cos i aint been to any.


Watermead is quite large. The part you are thinking about is at the bottom (furthest toward the city centre) and itÔÇÖs not skatable. If you head to the upper part itÔÇÖs much better. They put down some new tarmac paths last year which are great.

The guys in Notts are great, they do a session on Saturday afternoon on the grounds of Nottingham University which is suitable for skaters of all abilities. I'm usually there. They do all types of skating including slalom. Jim, who is a qualified instructor, gives lessons to anyone who wants them.

I'll give you a ring soon and we can arrange a meet up.

higgy
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am
Location: 2/3's out from the centre of the Milky way, Earth, uk leicester, originally from Andromeda Galaxy

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby higgy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:23 am

JasonN wrote:
higgy wrote:easy jason hope ur good,
where do u skate in watermead, where the peeps feed the ducks? (on melton rd side) cos theres a lot of stones around there or im i thinking of the wrong part of watermead? pls let me know cos id like to check it out.

abby park is a good idea cos im jus round the corner! i've been wanting to check it out but aint had the chance, now that u've said i bet il be down there a few times a week!

i did check notts out on the net as it looks like blading is more popular there, was thinking of going there on one of their skate days about a month ago but thought i might not be able to deal with it,lol.

it will be good to hook up at watermead or abby park, wherever cos i aint been to any.


Watermead is quite large. The part you are thinking about is at the bottom (furthest toward the city centre) and itÔÇÖs not skatable. If you head to the upper part itÔÇÖs much better. They put down some new tarmac paths last year which are great.

The guys in Notts are great, they do a session on Saturday afternoon on the grounds of Nottingham University which is suitable for skaters of all abilities. I'm usually there. They do all types of skating including slalom. Jim, who is a qualified instructor, gives lessons to anyone who wants them.

I'll give you a ring soon and we can arrange a meet up.


thanx jason for the quick reply!

can you please tell me in detail how to get to the upper part of watermead.
thanx. c u soon

JasonN
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:54 am

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby JasonN » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Best way is to go to the Mill Lane car park HERE (free parking). Go over the canal bridges and you can skate around the whole park from there. Its a bit of a maze if you havn't been there before but here is map: http://www.leics.gov.uk/watermead_map_with_key.pdf

From Mill Lane I usually turn right along the canal until I get to King Lears lake. Then I skate around the lake and the main carpark just above it. There are more lakes north from there that are prefectly skateable too.

NS Jason
Power slider
Power slider
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby NS Jason » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:26 pm

higgy wrote:i did check notts out on the net as it looks like blading is more popular there, was thinking of going there on one of their skate days about a month ago but thought i might not be able to deal with it,lol.


If you don't mind me asking, what made you think you "might not be able to deal with it"?
As one of the "Notts people" I'd like to say we are open to complete beginners (the more people skating the better). If something about our website etc made that look otherwise let us know so we can change it.

higgy
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am
Location: 2/3's out from the centre of the Milky way, Earth, uk leicester, originally from Andromeda Galaxy

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby higgy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:02 pm

NS Jason wrote:
higgy wrote:i did check notts out on the net as it looks like blading is more popular there, was thinking of going there on one of their skate days about a month ago but thought i might not be able to deal with it,lol.


If you don't mind me asking, what made you think you "might not be able to deal with it"?
As one of the "Notts people" I'd like to say we are open to complete beginners (the more people skating the better). If something about our website etc made that look otherwise let us know so we can change it.


It was nothing about the site, maybe more about the self confidance as that time i was a total beginer so...

Anyway as ive ruptured my achilles playin footy il be out for 4-12 months which is CRAP! :( Cos i was gonna come up to Notts in the next couple of weeks. When i get better theres no dout il be going Notts to join in th fun!

NS Jason
Power slider
Power slider
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby NS Jason » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Ouch! you know this isnt the first time this has happened to us. People get all keen and then injure themselves doing something else. Hopefully see you next summer then!

higgy
Gumbie
Gumbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 am
Location: 2/3's out from the centre of the Milky way, Earth, uk leicester, originally from Andromeda Galaxy

Re: Any skaters from Leicester here?

Postby higgy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:54 pm

lol true, see u next summer!


Return to “General skating”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron